Help how do you set up the inside of a maxi kiln for a newbie

Started by puffin, April 20, 2010, 12:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puffin

i have a maxi kiln but do not know how to set up the inside,

there is steel stuff that that mandrels go in ( got that part )

but some board stuff and fibre blankets do i use them ???

anyone have a pic of the inside of a kiln so i can set it up to do its first fire up please

i know i sound mad but the insides have been taken out
Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

Lee - Kilncare

Here was go as promised in my a phone call a few wimutes back. My pie was lovely then I was straight onto the photos using one of the MAXInes that Wagga was finishing off.

In default you MAXI is like so.

To fit your racks or to change one do as so.
#

The forth rack is for larger mandrels that won't fit in the standard holes. You can rest the larger mandrels on the top of this half rack. This is the rack on the left.

The insulation boards can be sat in the recessed kiln floor so that the floor becomes level with the opening. This is a help if you are flameworking large peices or using large beads that you just want to sit in the kiln.

This shot shows how beads can be loaded into the MAXI

Hope that all helps, call me if not.
Lee

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

puffin

Thanks alot , glad your pie was nice, i would like to have a shop that sold them ready made that i could get and eat straight away

These pictures will help so many newbies who are unsure , really really helpful thanks again
Stacey

A Little Love Goes A Long Way

www.sillymooz.blogspot.com

Redhotsal

You're a star player Lee - those pics are great! (note to self: must give my kiln a hoover...... ;))

Lee - Kilncare

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

Kaz

Quote from: Redhotsal on April 20, 2010, 03:05:55 PM
You're a star player Lee - those pics are great! (note to self: must give my kiln a hoover...... ;))
Hahaha - just done that Sal after seeing these photos as I am teaching tomorrow and Thursday!!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Sarah

Quote from: Kaz on April 20, 2010, 03:31:40 PM
Hahaha - just done that Sal after seeing these photos as I am teaching tomorrow and Thursday!!
Kazx

I'm pleased it's not just me  ::)

Sarah
xxx

silverlemon

Quote from: Sarah on April 22, 2010, 11:20:02 PM
Quote from: Kaz on April 20, 2010, 03:31:40 PM
Kazx

I'm pleased it's not just me  ::)

Sarah
xxx

You what? Hoover, what's that?
Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop