Main Menu

Heart Milli by Laurie

Started by Jolene, January 02, 2009, 01:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane

That's great - thanks for sharing ;D
Diane x

Kaz

Fantastic idea - will be ransacking my mum's card making stuff now!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Lush!

This is brilliant!  I've already ordered a couple of punches, hope they're the right ones!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Dietmar

DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK.

It seems to be corrupted.

Heart Milli in my words:
Choose a color for the heart (red) and an other for the background (white). Make a cylinder from red about 4-5cm long and 2cm in diameter (ca. 1/2 of final diameter before pulling). Attach it to a boro punty or keep working on your red rod as the punty. Heat one side of this cylinder over the whole length and push a groove in it. Add some red to the opposite side and shape it into a sharp ridge. Looking on the end you should see the heart shape. Take the white and paint two thick lines next to the edge of the ridge to protect it from melting. Next fill the groove with white and then wrap the whole red glass in white to make a nice cylinder shape. Add a clear cone to the open end and attach a punty of your choice. Remove the "old" punty and add a second clear cone with punty. Heat the whole thing untill it is nice and pliable before you pull it into the desired diameter. Stop pulling just before you think it is thin enough and put it on an insulating place while removing the punties.

Have fun with this discription and use the product with love!