Frit-Happens !
December 07, 2019, 02:28:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another stained glass question.  (Read 2893 times)
♥♥Tan♥♥
cuntbuckets
Forum Member

« on: March 20, 2010, 10:04:11 AM »

Ok, so, I want to do a panel, I don't know what size or what design but it will come to me when all the equipment is laid out in front of me. This is where I stumble. I have had a look at lead came and they come in various sizes, can any of you point me in the direction of a 'general' size, if there is such a thing?

Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 02:17:56 PM »

Quarter inch H came. Have a look at http://www.freepatternsforstainedglass.com/lead-came.html for many tips on tools, designs and working methods, Tan. Email me if you have other queries, Chipboard is about the easiest to use as a base for working. You can also look at www.dfly.com to get a 30 day free trial of their software program for designing stained glass. I bought the program ages ago and it has uses other than for glass. Mosaics and quilting spring to mind. If you don't already have a glass cutter, don't lash out on an expensive one to start with. A simple ball end one bought from a glazier will do the job just as well.

Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 02:41:20 PM »

Here's a very bad photo of a copperfoil panel I made about 15 years ago,

♥♥Tan♥♥
cuntbuckets
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:06:28 PM »

Pat, you are a star thankyou so much. I got to the site, was happily filling the basket and was absolutely stumped at the different sizes of came, I had visions of buying completely the wrong thing and it looking just awful!!

That panel is amazing, what a lot of cutting, its beautifully laid out and colour matched, it must have taken you days, what size is it?

Thankyou for the link to the freepatterns site, I did a google but so much came up I got a bit lost wondering around sites, the software looks good too.

Pat.......you may be getting some desperate emails in the near future Grin

Billie
Rompin', stompin'
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »

Pat, that's beautiful  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: