other than a lentil trio, what press can i not live without?

Started by princess pink, March 19, 2010, 04:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

I've got that duo too and love it.
The press that never leaves my worktop is Maria Louisa's straight sided lentil duo (28 and 32) - almost all my lentils are the larger ss lentil. It's also nice because if you have the ss lentil set then you can (if you want) make up to 5 sizes in the same shape.
For fun, I don't think you can beat Zoozii's Zulu press and it's surprisingly easy to use too.
I also like the nugget and the kalera from Zooziis and Maria-Louisa's standard lentils too.
I bought a crystal from Zooziis, didn't get on with it, sold it, decided I wanted one again, bought another and still don't get on with it ;D
So much choice, so little time.....
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Donna@Rockin' Beads

I have 3 presses which I forget to use most of the time......
I think I'm getting press envy  ;D

JaySpangles

Just to confuse you even more have you looked at these beadrollers:
http://www.cgbeads.com
I have a couple of the spacer ones and really like them.
I would like another but can't decide which to get.

turnedlight

Here's an example of the nugget press, these are the biggest size I think.

I forgot to mention the cube/ crystal duo - fab press!
kathryn

jammie

Quote from: Dee Dee on March 20, 2010, 01:00:43 AM
Quote from: princess pink on March 19, 2010, 10:54:48 PM
see i had a nugget press but swapped it for a kalera trio which i did not get on with, but am now thinking of giving it another try. i'm half tempted to get maria louisa to make me a press with a 25mm ss lentil, an 18mm nugget, and a crunch or round tab...oh decisions!!!

has onyone got ant nice piccies of their nuggets or crunched beads? xx

Here's some of my nuggets....

Is this the press you've used, these are lovely, http://www.zooziis.com/nuggettrio.aspx

jammie

Quote from: turnedlight on March 20, 2010, 11:22:15 AM
Here's an example of the nugget press, these are the biggest size I think.

I forgot to mention the cube/ crystal duo - fab press!

these are lovely too, is this the same press as stephs or a different one , and which one is the cube crystal duo?

there are so many different presses

turnedlight

Erm.. might be, or mine might be from Maria Louisa - will have to check. They are pretty close anyway. Mine are slightly rectangular, Steph's look more square in dimension.
kathryn

clasicat

Quote from: Trudi on March 20, 2010, 07:30:14 AM
Quote from: theflyingbedstead on March 19, 2010, 11:06:06 PM
The Zooziis nugget trio is my most used press. They also produce a larger nugget and SSL lentil duo - a very useful focal size of each.

http://www.zooziis.com/mediumduo21mm.aspx

I have this duo and it's great. The ssl can also be used for chunky non focal beads, like a chunky bracelet!
Fab press!

Have to say when I was lampworking that was the only press I could get on with I loved it  ;D
Claire x

SilverGems89

Oh my that marble press looks just fab...wondering if i could get such good results with the marver... :-\
I had a go with a nugget press too and i have to say it was nice to use and i found it fairly easy, its on my wish list but it's gonna be a while  :(

Charli

i only have lentils so i'm not much use.. i would however like a cg beadroller, if anyone wants to do some form of bulk buy!

Maria Louisa

Well I'm busy already thinking of all the nice things to bring for you all.
I'm with Kaz, the SS lentil duo never leaves my workbench, I use it all the time.
www.glassbeadsculptress.com
www.glassbeadsculptress.etsy.com
www.beadpress.nl
www.flickr.com/beadpress

Dee Dee

Quote from: jammie on March 20, 2010, 11:44:13 AM
Quote from: Dee Dee on March 20, 2010, 01:00:43 AM
Quote from: princess pink on March 19, 2010, 10:54:48 PM
see i had a nugget press but swapped it for a kalera trio which i did not get on with, but am now thinking of giving it another try. i'm half tempted to get maria louisa to make me a press with a 25mm ss lentil, an 18mm nugget, and a crunch or round tab...oh decisions!!!

has onyone got ant nice piccies of their nuggets or crunched beads? xx

Here's some of my nuggets....

Is this the press you've used, these are lovely, http://www.zooziis.com/nuggettrio.aspx

Yes, Jean, it is, and they are square in dimension!