Dual action metal marver

Started by Loobie, February 12, 2010, 01:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loobie

Hi   :-\
When i ordered my hot head torch & basic pieces to get me started i noticed the dual action metal marver & thought it sounded a good piece to have as it said the ridged side was good for patterns, as anyone got any idea or good tips on using it, do i need to heat it before using it?

Many thanks

Steampunkglass

You don't need to heat it, besides it'll get hot anyway if you start using it alot (mine does!)

Still one of my favourite tools, heat up your bead until soft and gently roll it across the surface - not too hard else all the glass will mush together - and it'll make nice ridge pattens. You can keep reheating the bead then re-roll it to make the dents deeper. If you roll at a 45degree angle then roll back the other way it makes a fun 'pineapple' effect too.
The ridges for the handle on this was done with that tool that I orginally got a lifetime ago with my first hothead! (although the glass here is boro)

madpup

I like the razor, how did you do it please
Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

www.madpup.co.uk

Loobie

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, now i have had a piece of advice i won't be afraid to use it. Will give it ago next time i do some beads.
Thanks again

:)

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Oops, I forget to use mine for anything other than resting very short rods and stringers on until I tidy them up!!!!
I did use it right at the start though and loved the grooved beads, just not enough to remember to use it ever again  ;D ;D
Gorgeous razor  ;D