Post you tool wish list here. And maybe a skilled person will make it for you.

Started by Hotglass28, January 29, 2010, 05:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hotglass28

Exactly that.

One of the posts inspired me to post this up as we all should support UK designers and makers.

Carl Martin is one of them and my lovely Hubby is another.  Tools and gadgets and any ideas for a tool to use with lampworking and other glass techniques. 

Post here and maybe it will get made.....maybe?

I think if we all put what we really want instead of having to look at going to the US all the time for our tools then thats got to be a good thing.

And lets go!!
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Shirley

I'd like a little pair of tongs for holding the ends of rods so I can use them up as far as possible. I've seen some on a couple of sites but they seem a bit pricy to me. :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

TamsynAmber

What a fabby idea, I'm all for keeping things as local as possible and definitely in the UK. I'm going to put my thinking cap on!

squirsygirl

I'd like a tiny little brass marver, about half the size of a matchbox, and quite thin, for pushing my encasing layer closer to the mandrel.

Kirsty

SueP

Excellent Idea Ditto both the above but could the tongs to hold rod ends lock so that I didn't have to keep squeezing them shut? :)

jammie

Quote from: Shirley on January 29, 2010, 05:44:08 PM
I'd like a little pair of tongs for holding the ends of rods so I can use them up as far as possible. I've seen some on a couple of sites but they seem a bit pricy to me. :)

I would really like this too!

BeeBeads

I love both of the above ideas.

Personally, I'd like a tool that I could insert my mangled piece of hot glass into, give it a shake,
and out comes a beautiful bead.   ;D

Bee

hollergrafik

Quote from: BeeBee on January 29, 2010, 06:51:28 PM
I love both of the above ideas.

Personally, I'd like a tool that I could insert my mangled piece of hot glass into, give it a shake,
and out comes a beautiful bead.   ;D

Bee

Isnt that a bead press lol

Carl Martin

Yes lovelly tools indeed.  ;D

Latest inclusion is the bent Tungsten rake - stocks are in and on the website in about 10 mins.

"Carls Tweezers" (tongs actually) will be available from Monday - 9" long stainless steel , opposed points for accurately making identical marks opposite one another..

Leaf Mashers from next Week - stainless and brass.
2" Masher from Next week - stainless and brass.

As for the short rod holder - my version has been viewed by four off here just so I know I have the design right they will be available from next week.

New batch of the super dooper 3 mm  brass "Red Hot Poker" now ready.

Lastly I have today prepared a stock of 8mm 316 stainless Mandrels.

Signature Brass stamps (your initials hand carved out of solid brass rod - first ones out next week, these will have to be ordered a week in advance  £40.00

Hotglass28

Wooohoooo, keep it local, keep it local. Keep the ideas going and lets get Carl working 24 hours for all our toys  ;D

I will say, that I took a look at the 3mm red hot pokers at Carl's yesterday and they are very yummy. Very well made indeed, and so very smooooth  ;D

Keep em coming, keep em coming....

Hotglass28

squirsygirl

"I'd like a tiny little brass marver, about half the size of a matchbox, and quite thin, for pushing my encasing layer closer to the mandrel."

This idea I like too, I need one of these also. Mini paddle they should be called?

squirsygirl

Quote from: Hotglass28 on January 29, 2010, 07:39:55 PM

squirsygirl

"I'd like a tiny little brass marver, about half the size of a matchbox, and quite thin, for pushing my encasing layer closer to the mandrel."

This idea I like too, I need one of these also. Mini paddle they should be called?

Sounds like a plan!

kirsty

Carl Martin

Mini paddles will be ready next week.

Brass came in this afternoon so should be ready early next week.

Tollgate-Debs

How about a button mandrel of some sort that is easy (or easier) to use - please?

Debs :)