gallery archive 10

Started by madpup, January 02, 2010, 02:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalorlo

I finally got my photo editing done - been putting it off  ;D

These three hearts are made with my treat - I got a Carlo Dona press when I was in Venice. The purple tornado was the first - I didn't quite fill the press that time (it's quite a lot of glass for me!). They're roughly 2.5cm tall. Still need to practice a little for the shape, but I love the press.

The green one has a crack inside - my own fault as I made it from a bunch of green shorts and I forgot that maybe putting kryptonite right in the centre might be a bad idea  :P

Some more things:

The decoration on the BHB didn't quite turn out as intended, but I love poison apple anyway  ;D
The triton on ivory next to that has photographed possibly better than it is in real life! It caught the sun just so. The fritty set is Kaz's Dizzy on dirty martini.

Here's Effetre calico (purply batch). Very odd glass! The kalera is trails over clear and I couldn't get rid of the devit while keeping the shape.

And here's Effetre cool colours blueberry marble and kiwi, plus Vetrofond odd cosmic storm (love it!) and purple plum with dirty martini dots. The purple plum is an incredibly soupy glass - was nearly escaping off the mandrel!

Ness

After watching 'The First World War from the Air' last Sunday and crying my eyes out ( footage of WW1 always makes me cry!) I went back out to my torch and made a poppy bead.  I'll still wear my paper one, it tucks in nicely with this

Kaz

A few from me (more in my flickr!)
Re-made these murrini for Julie HB and grabbed a few for myself - quite fitting this week!

IMG_9569 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr
A re-make but etched this time

IMG_9557 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr
I love the way this turned out - I added some opal yellow to the ivory and silvered ivory at the bottom and some black and white twistie above the shoreline

IMG_9528 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Rikki

Well, I tried a poppy bead. Not brilliant but not bad I s'pose.

Ciel

Kaz - love those poppy beads :)

Here are a couple of sets from me, Nyx and Psyche silvered glass:

JaySpangles

I don't make much that I think is fit to show, but at last I have a set that I am really pleased with.  I have long been a fan of Loupiac de Gatteville on Etsy, and these are inspired by her work.  (Should she see this I hope she takes it as a compliment rather than anything else!)
I have called them Sahara because I made them to go with a lovely jacket I bought from the shop with the same name.

IMG_2099 by j.e.poole@btinternet.com, on Flickr

Krysia@No98

Hiya

Some of you will already know that I have been playing round with flat glass.  After seeing an amazing work by Claire (Rowanberry) (See here http://www.facebook.com/rowanberrydesigns)  I was inspired to revisit my love of trees.  So I had a mad idea to do it with glass!

(Sorry if you have seen these before)

Part one - painting on the tree (painted not fired)

(fired is on mobile still working on finding the cable and the software)

the swirls were added  (pre fired)

The paint was added.  Here I need to say a huge thank you to Rachel (glassworks) for supplying the paints at very short notice

(I have managed to edit out most of me)  and then today I got it back fired!!

I will attempt to get a better picture hopefully tomorrow.  So the swirls show up a bit better (I have managed to cut out most of the woman who was holding it up - She is THE most whiny woman known to human kind!!  Every 20 minutes there is a new thing to go on about ::) )

From here I am planning to put it as the focal part of some stained glass and hang it in the living room window, but I see this taking another few months
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

princess pink

some new lady friends, or Bosom Buddies, from me!

sundoorbeads

I just oogled over the 7 pages and thought I was about to have kittens!!!!  Ilove all the work but the last ones- Bosom Buddies just took my breath away!!! And made me giggle!!! I have been here and there not much torching I have just been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel  :( trying to learn how to use a mouse left handed lol. Here is a set I made about 2 weeks ago- Phoenix Ridge
Keep Flaming! Michelle

Margram

Helen, gorgeous lentils, Terri, love those girly bracelets and the cute cat and dogs and everything really...

This is my first posting in the new Gallery (I used to post in the newbie one). When I saw Lorna's holly tutorial in Making Jewellery I couldn't wait to have a go. I had to make do with blue goldstone and transparent green for the leaves.
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

kaatje

It's only Monday and already so many beauties to see over here!!
It's been a while since I posted here, I'm not much of a photographer but this afternoon a little bit of sunshine peaked through the clouds and I took my chance.
I made two pendants with matching ringtops:

Love, Karin

JaySpangles

I posted some of these beads in last weeks gallery, and now I have made them up into a necklace, along with a few additional beads.  Not sure if they should be here or in 'finished jewellery'.
Still struggling a bit with the photography.  I tried to take some of the background out, but fear it may look a bit over - photoshopped, but perhaps I can get a more objective view by seeing it posted here.
Yet another learning curve!

IMG_2131 by j.e.poole@btinternet.com, on Flickr

Looking at it now the background looks a bit yellow on the right, I used the dodge tool, but it looked white on my monitor when I did it.
I'll keep trying.

Diane

Lovely beads - and it's only Tuesday!  I've been busy making focals lately - here are a few

focal12 - round by SowZerE, on Flickr

focal4 - asymmetric by SowZerE, on Flickr

Diane x

whoops - those piccies are a bit big :o

Dee Dee

Absolute stunners, Diane!

I've been making a few focals too - playing with pleats and baleen effects....

Ilona

There are some stunners on here this week :)
Here are a few I have managed to make.