Re: Gaffer Chalcedony

Started by Tracy, July 01, 2009, 11:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

My first go.....considering it was five thirty this morning when I played, I am  quite chuffed!
Coarse frit pulled into stringer over eff light ivory opps  ::)

clickable!!

Veebee

Quote from: flowerjasper on July 07, 2009, 12:10:51 AM
i cant get any pretty colours ;-(
i am ok with raku  but this one.... i have tried heating, got brown, tried striking, got brown, tried not heating, got brown !!
different bases too, have followed marys advice, but ..still brown  ::)
anyone got any tips??
s x

Same here! However, I heated the snot out of this one, did the gravity swirl thing then marvered to strike, and I got colour!
(**click on the image for a closer view**)

Try working it for a bit longer maybe?

I used CiM Khaki as a base.
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Trudi

not the best picture - but I got this

I've also got one on black and one on white - but I need to take pics.

Sandy all I can say is what Mary said - sorry ......

sparrow

Right, I think I was overly polite......was the restriction one per size per person?? Or one per person, full stop? I went for the latter. If anybody ever makes jokes about Germans and towels or anything else, please remember this moment, lol!!

Anyways, you've seen him elsewhere, but he's Chalcedony on black, Size one:

:)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Diane

Here's a shell set I've made using System96 (had it in for ages and only just using it ;D) glass and a mixture of No1 and No2 Chalcedony frits.:

Diane x

dinah46

This is chalcedony stringer over silver foil, I'm beginning to really like this frit :D

these are a mixture of small and chunkier frit

*rowanberry*

Wowzers Sam, they are fab!

Here's what I did with some stringers pulled from frit (cant wait to get hold of the cane!):

I found that chalcedony sometimes puts a dusky grey on ivory near where you put it. I liked it though as it made it look "old".
Claire

turnedlight

I got them out of the kiln, and I am chuffed with the results but they are a pig to photograph!
Here's the first, I heated and cooled several times, then I raked, and heated and cooled very gradually..

And here's the second

Love this glass! :)
kathryn

Trudi

Here's a few from me - just had a quick play:

I'm really pleased with the colours - but not sure about the heart. The colours are great, but it's just so obvious where I had to add more glass ........ and doesn't blend in!