best clear for encasing

Started by littlehondachop, September 09, 2009, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlehondachop

Quote from: SallyB on September 09, 2009, 09:50:21 PM
Hi Sam

I'm on a HotHead too and bought some Effetre 006 because everyone says how great it is.  I was really disappointed though.  Mine ends up with brown streaks in it.  I find 004 better.  They are the only two clears I've tried.  I think it's amazing how everyone has different experiences with their clear.  I'd like to give Lauscha a try but haven't come across it in the two UK suppliers I'm aware of plus am trying hard to save up some money for a kiln before something else comes along that I have to spend my PayPal money on.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with whichever clear you try. 

Good luck
Sally

hi sally, i got 006 thats why i was asking cos the your right the 006 is disapointing i got brown streaks as well, will try the 004 and see how i get on , will let you know lol

sam xx

x

Tracy

hrumph I been waiting to try the 006 as I have some beads crack with the 004, and Martin has only gone and sold out!!  :o lol

SallyB

Thanks for letting me know it's not just me Sam
I'm going to give the fancy Lauscha one a try if I can get hold of it.
Sally
x

SallyB

Hi

I treated myself to some Lauscha clear and have been disappointed.  It's a massively long and thick rod which is fine but it has given me not streaks this time but black bits on the surface of the bead.

I've ordered some 004 which is the one I seem to have the best results with.

Sally

Kaz

Hi Sally - have you checked there is nothing stuck inside your torch - bits of glass, silver, insects - unscrew it and give it a really good shake out. You shouldn't have problems like that with Lauscha.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Lloki

Quote from: SallyB on September 16, 2009, 10:57:24 PM
Hi

I treated myself to some Lauscha clear and have been disappointed.  It's a massively long and thick rod which is fine but it has given me not streaks this time but black bits on the surface of the bead.

Sally

Blimey I'm surprised you found this - I've got some of the new "soft" Lauscha and think it's superb, just like butter! I mostly use the "swipe" method, so I find the thicker rods are ideal :D
Cerri