Annealing Schedule for BeadCube and Maxi?

Started by Lush!, June 12, 2009, 09:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush!

I'm assuming both these kilns can run the same annealing schedule?

Could anybody please save me a headache and post their garaging and batch schedule?  Pretty Please  :-*

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

julieHB

Here are mine:

BATCH ANNEALING SCHEDULE

Ramp1 149C
Temp1 520C
Hold1 60mins

Ramp2 78C
Temp2 371C
Hold2 1 min

Ramp3 0000

GARAGING:

Ramp1 FULL
Temp1 510C
Hold1 12HRS

Ramp2 FULL
Temp2 520C
Hold2 1 HR

Ramp3 78C
Temp3 371C
Hold3 1min

Ramp4 0000

Obviously, in the garaging schedule, I just skip to segment 2 when finished beading.

HTH.  :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Lush!

mizgeorge

Are those for a beadcube/maxi JulieHB?

Mine came preprogrammed like this:

Garage:
Segment 1 Full power to 520c Hold 13 hours
Segment 2 Hold 520c for 1.5 hours
Segment 3 Cool 50 degrees per hour to 250c then turn off

Batch:
Segment 1 150 degrees per hour to 520c then hold 1.5 hours
Segment 2 Cool 50 degrees per hour to 250c then turn off

Sorry Julie (Lush), I meant to send you this ages ago.

julieHB

Sorry, Lush Julie, as George points out the schedules I listed I use for my SC2. However, they are general schedules, which can be found many places. The schedules George has given seem very much on the conservative side with regards to rates and holding times, but then again, better to be safe then sorry (certainly when you are making BIG beads). The only thing I'd like to point out is that some glass will kiln strike, and holding them for a long time at 520 deg C might cause unwanted effects. As I need to open the kiln door to put my beads in, the temperature rises above my holding temperature when I close the door again, that's why I like to keep the holding temp. a bit lower than 520 deg C - I expect this is not such a problem with the Maxi/bead cube.

As I know you like your silver glass, Lush Julie, you may find this blog article useful:

http://envisionsf.blogspot.com/2009/04/silver-glass-101-annealing-temperature.html

On the other hand, many of the CIM glasses need higher annealing temps, check out Da Wiki here:

http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/wiki/CiM

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Lush!

Thanks ladies.

George, you did send me the batch programme, but yesterday a previous student asked me for the programmes and I was being lazy  ;)