Bead cube

Started by Louise Menzies, June 07, 2009, 08:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louise Menzies

How many beads will fit into the beadcube?

Louise x
Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com

Calico Cat

Depends if you batch anneal or put the beads in "as you go".

I anneal as I go - I first put a bead in the left hand side then move across as I put the next bead in so I can pile them up on the right hand side.

Doing this I can easily get 15 or so modest size beads in - quite enough for one session at the torch.

If you batch anneal, I am sure you could get far more in as you could pile them all up.

I only torch at week-ends at the moment as I work long hours but once I can spend longer at it I may well invest in a Maxine.

Carole

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Vicki.White

I got my bead cube a couple of weeks ago.. i first did a batch anneal of my beads i reckon I fitted between 65-85 beads in there i put them on like kebabs on the mandrels and I filled one layer on the floor no problem!!!! I reckon you could get maybe nearly double that in a batch anneal!!!
But if you are doing them as you go... i reckon about 30-40 you could squeeze in.

What I didn't realise before I bought it was that it isn't the size of the space inside the kiln... its the size of the space that the bead door creates for the mandrels to go.... so basically you have a limited amount of mandrels you can squeeze in! I'm not sure how or if i'm making sense! I will post a picture  if you are unsure of what im waffleing on about!
x

Louise Menzies

Hi thanks

I think i understand... i havnt even been on my course yet but im sure to get started as soon as i do!

my understanding of using the kiln is also nil so maybe i will understand more soon :)

Lou x
Louise x
www.facebook.com/tootsieshandmade www.tootsieshandmade.etsy.com http://tootsieshandmade.blogspot.com