Minor, Griffin Marver and Creation Station photos

Started by Rosenquartz, May 30, 2009, 11:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosenquartz

Nothing special really, just wanted to show off my new kit:

Rosenquartz

Lush!

Nothing special?

Hey, don't forget who you're talking to .. we're the mates who say "Wow, that's special!"

Great pics, I love the discarded hothead!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

hollergrafik

oooh loving that marver, got every angle covered.

Jolene

Great set up there Neil, have you tried it out yet?

Jo x

Dee Dee

Excellent Neil, love that marver, and I'd be lost without my Creation Station! ;D

sarah t

i am in two minds about my creation station .........i wish they made the arm rests so they could be adjusted to varrious hieghts

looks great neil .....happy torching

sublimekate

Nice  :)

Like the marver, must get a torch top, and I couldn't live without my creation station, no more shaky hands, bet bit of kit I ever invested in.

Rosenquartz

Thanks everyone.

I didn't really notice the discarded HotHead until I'd posted the photos - it says something though doesn't it: laying there cut away from it's gas supply!

I've had a short play on it. I've got to work out for myself how to make best use of the Creation Station but I am sure that having steadier arms and hands will help. I'm liking the marver already - I think it's really going to help with barrels and cones.

The only trouble is that it's all a bit higher and the marver obscures the view end of the torch - so now I'm going to have to get a new seat. But my hydraulic office chair (with the piston held fully open with jubilee clips) is really on it's last legs and has been threatened with being replaced by a bar stool a few times.

I think I'm going to be ejected from the garage too - the oxycon takes up too much floor space (and won't fit under my angle iron engineering workbench) and there's now too much heat to consider properly safe in a room with flammable liquids and dry animal bedding. I've got to get some elastictrickery running up the garden to the shed and rig up some lighting there first though.
Rosenquartz

Jolene

And you will be need electric for some ventillation too ;D

Izzybeads

Laney
www.Izzybeads.etsy.com
www.flickr.com/photos/izzybeads

Zia

wow....green monsters coming out here from my side......no I am not jealous...no not at all......grins

Melting glass again! "happy dance"

Linz

You say nothing special but I still spent ages ogling the photos! (and I have a minor torch too! I think I'm obsessed!!) Have been in two minds about getting a Creation Station but it looks really good with the minor (I'm such a girl!) so it might be going on my birthday list to give to my very generous and tolerant OH!!
My website: http://www.punkypuppy.co.uk
Linz x

flowerjasper

Rosenquartz

I've spent a couple of evening playing now. The marver is superb - I think it's really going to help with shaping and has a great little lip for warming murrini. The observant amongst you might notice that the elbow pads don't properly match the wooden flappy-out-bits on the Creation Station because they've changed the design to make the wooden flappy-out-bits a tad longer. This new version doesn't fold away as neatly as I imagine the old version did but I don't think I'm going to fold it away often anyway. ;D And the torch, well, it's just fab: it gets the glass proper hot for big beads, it melts transparent glass in seconds rather than hours which means I can actually do a bit of encasing now and I can turn it down so that it doesn't blast my stringer into molten blobs. I'm loving it. I'll get my camera out soon to snap some of the new beads I've been making and post them on S&T and in the competitions.
Rosenquartz