Glass Storage

Started by Bumpy Beads, May 22, 2009, 05:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumpy Beads

I'm absolutely chuffed with my new glass storage. I've made these two modules and have another two to make, which will give me 196 separate compartments. I have some offcuts too, that will be put to use for storing mandrels and anything else long and thin that I can find!

I have a very amenable neighbour who just happens to own a plastic extrusion company. He provided the square downpipe cut in 40cm lengths. I've glued them together, using silicone glue in 7 x 7 modules. They are extremely strong and sturdy and ought to be able to support a fair bit of weight. I will stand another two modules beside these two. I was originally going to stack them on top of each other, but I don't fancy pulling glass rods out of their tubes at eye level as I'd hate to poke myself in the eye!

I will back the modules with some stiff card so the rods don't fall out of the back.

I'm hoping to have the other two made this weekend.  ;D
Heather

My Etsy Shop

Chameleon

oo that looks fab !!  ;D ;D enjoy filling them all with glass

beadysam

I'm not at all jealous, I'm a bigger person than that - honest! ::)

princess pink

i;ve done this on a much smaller scale by getting down pipe from b&q (which they kindly cut to 11" lengths for me. I used a glue gun and "no nails" to glue em together and it looks great. You can get 10 11" tubes from 1 3m (65mm wide) down pipe from b&q. And because i can't fill a whole one i used some stiff card glued in to act as a divider between them. :)

♥♥Tan♥♥

Quote from: beadysam on May 22, 2009, 05:55:15 PM
I'm not at all jealous, I'm a bigger person than that - honest! ::)

Im jealous, in fact Im so jealous I just might come round with a hairdryer and aim it at your silicone glue just to see what happens. I'm happy with my manky old wine racks and cardboard tubes I really really am >:(

H, they look great ;)

turnedlight

That is so much nicer than my wine-rack-with-whisky-tubes ensemble.. :o
kathryn

♥♥Tan♥♥

I have a wine rack with fabric tube ensemble......I think we are geniuses to have worked it out ;D

Bumpy Beads

I've been using a wine rack up until now, and it's served me well! I didn't mean to be all "ooooh look at me and my fancy new glass storage"   :D

(I am chuffed though)   :P
Heather

My Etsy Shop

beadysam

Quote from: Bumpy Beads on May 22, 2009, 06:18:37 PM
I didn't mean to be all "ooooh look at me and my fancy new glass storage"   :D

Well I would've been if it was me! ;D   You didn't come across like that though, I'm just green with envy thats all.... ::)

Trudi

Quote from: Tan on May 22, 2009, 06:15:11 PM
I have a wine rack with fabric tube ensemble......I think we are geniuses to have worked it out ;D
Indeed Tan we are!!

I do have storage envy though!  ;D

sparrow

Me = storage envy too, lol! This looks fab, Heather!!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

♥♥Tan♥♥

H you are so easy to wind up, I love it, I wouldn't begrudge you your posh storage..........but I will just go and get that hairdryer

Bumpy Beads

Quote from: Tan on May 22, 2009, 08:56:05 PM
H you are so easy to wind up, I love it, I wouldn't begrudge you your posh storage..........but I will just go and get that hairdryer

Hairdryer? You're such a girl  :P

I'll see your hairdryer and raise you a propane torch  ;)
Heather

My Etsy Shop

mazmeabead

This is great - buy more make more :)  should be worth a few quid to ya - glassy money for you ;)

I'll take two!

Luv Maz
Maz x

Karen

wow looks great much better than my white tubes wedged together
Karen

Stupid people shouldn't breed, but they DO!!