Splitting silver cores - Impress beadliner - help please!

Started by Lush!, May 07, 2009, 08:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julieHB

I don't know where to put this, so I'll just add it onto this thread  :) Have had my Impress for a couple of weeks, and got to play the last few days. Here's the results (the bead at the back right is made by Ingrid, Bruntie's beads - I finally worked up courage to core a "proper" bead, not only my old wonkies  :)

I shall be very happy with this tool!! Was a bit frustrated in the beginning, but have sussed it now, I think. Have tried with both annealed and not annealed tube. Although it's a bit harder to turn the un-annealed tube I prefer it. I find that if the bead is very even it doesn't need the mallet hammer much. Most of my beads are a bit uneven, though, so need a little touch with a plastic hammer at the end. On these beads I have only used a handkerchief (clean!) and some silver rouge to get the shine.
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Lush!

Yay! You got one!

Those are fab, Julie!  I've pretty much given up with the hammer at all, it just doesn't seem to make any difference.  I now tend to give the beadliner a few extra little turns at the end to finish off and I think I'm getting away with it!

We'll have to compare notes properly on Saturday  ;)

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

julieHB

Quote from: Lush! on June 22, 2009, 10:42:20 PM
Yay! You got one!

Those are fab, Julie!  I've pretty much given up with the hammer at all, it just doesn't seem to make any difference.  I now tend to give the beadliner a few extra little turns at the end to finish off and I think I'm getting away with it!

We'll have to compare notes properly on Saturday  ;)

Thanks, Julie! Saturday's the day  :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr