Main Menu

bullseye and HH?

Started by Chelly77, April 20, 2009, 07:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelly77

Hi Guys,

After the weekends buying banaza I am having a play with all my lovely new glass.  One colour a white bullseye however goes black when I use my HH,  am I not able to use this colour with my HH?

Ta Chelly

saffie

not sure actually i am thinking it may take longer to melt but not sure about the white going black. That said most of my notes so far on Bullseye seem to show that prefered flame is neutral to oxidising!! Maybe thats the problem I don't really know though!!! Hopefully someone will be along shortly to help out!
xx

Mand

Have you asked Sean at Off Mandrel?  He might know.... :-\

BeadyBugs

Hi Chelly,

I have noticed it burns/scums/overheats rather easily on my dual fuel torch when I do tiny things like eyes on my beads.  So I suppose it may be prone to it on a HH, it having a muckier more reducing flame.  I don't know if it's worth trying to work it cooler, but it would probably take an age to melt!!

Sorry - I'm not much help, but as Mand says, Sean might know.

HP x
Helen P

garishglobes

If it is a white colour that is slightly creamy, it could be nougat or French Vanilla, both of which (I think) might reduce quite easily. Having said that, I used to use these without problems on my HH when I had it, could be worth working a bit further out - or being careful what colours you put it with? I think both can react with some other colours, partic. the pinks...

Hamilton Taylor

^^^ Wot She Said... :)
Can you tell me which white it is? I'll have a play when I get a mo', and report back.

Cheers,

Sean

Chelly77

Hi Guys,

I've only so far heated the glass I havent tried to make a bead yet as I was put off by the end going black\brown.

The lable on the glass says 0013 opaque white

theflyingbedstead

Like Helen, I've had the standard Bullseye white blacken using my Minor Burner, but I find that this residue burns off after a while. I clean my torch head before each time I use it, so I'd agree with what others have said that this is probably caused by a more reducing flame.
Charlotte x