Byzantine & what???

Started by sparrow, February 04, 2009, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

Full of questions tonight - I've got quite a few rings left I bought to do byzantine chain maille, but I'm now wondering what other weaves I could do with the same ratio? They're quite small (4mm OD, I think, or maybe 4mm ID, can't remember, need to dig them out)......any suggestions?  :)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

mizgeorge

They're probably 3.5mm id - which is perfect for byzantine.

There are loads of other weaves that you can do with them

shaggy loops (flipflop)
euro 4-1
rhinos snorting drano (and other barrel weaves)
pheasible
turkish roundmaille
2 in 2
byzantine variations (olivia, romanov etc)
diamondback

will that do to start with ;)

dinah46

By heck - it's a foreign language ???

We need pictures :D

Sal

Are they 1mm wire? If so I expect they are 3.5mm ID. You can try enigma (it uses a lot of rings though), european 4 in 1, roundmaille, turkish roundmaille. if you fancy cutting a few 1.0/6.0mm rings you can make helm chain. It partially depends on just how many rings you have left.

Have fun!  ;D

Sal

Doh! just seen George had already replied  :D What's diamondback? Not heard of that one before

sparrow

Eek!!! Some of that made sense  ;D Thanks George & Sal! I got a pheasible bracelet from Sal in exchange for my camera, and I love it - I also like how you can use segments as a 'spacer' between other beadies......I think that's my next step, then....one little segment at a time  ;D Sal, I think they're thinner than 1mm, but I'm honestly not sure - I bought them over a year ago, I think. Thanks again!!
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial