A specially designed Portable Extractor Table!!!

Started by mazmeabead, January 21, 2009, 11:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazmeabead

Well - I am on with making drawings for my OH's wonderfull Dad..

He has offered to make me a table to lampwork on with an extraction hood and I also wanted it to be portable for me to take anywhere - with hopes of doing demo's at some stage...

The reasons for wanting this is mainly practicality...

I work in my dining room and I'v just acquired my minor & OXYCON and I want to work with frit...

I need better extraction than opening windows now!

So I have come up with a stainless steel top... to clamp to my worktable shaped with arm rest areas to front...  a creation station effect. 

Perspex sheeting of a thickness enough to be strong to allow natural light but contain/draw away fumes, slotted into rails attached around sides and back of the table top...   

An extractor with a large funnel attachment rather than hood which will clip over the back set at the right height/distance to draw fumes away effectively; with the right fan and a flexible extractor pipe out the window...   

I will post designs as we process them..  Any ideas greatly appreciated!  Especially with regards to finding the right extractor fan set up...

Maz 
Maz x

Billie

kerensky

Blimey- This sounds great - does he want to come over and do my kitchen for me when he's finished.....?

mazmeabead

Sorry you cant have him hes ours ;D hes all booked up lol ;D

He is absolutely brilliant every job he does is spot on ;D

Shame OH he has'nt inherited his genes other than in looks... he has no patience :-\

Not only has Dearest OH Dad volunteered to do this for me; hes also doing up our camper van & thats a big job which I have started hinting for full roadworthyness in time for the Flame-Off... 

Living in hope as it is my fault I bought the ramshackle old bus its 31 years old and has got a lot of rust which  been repaired by some bright spark throughout its past using many ingenious materials including newspapers, silicone sealant, plastic bags, sellotape and polyfilla he finds these problems and solves them one at a time!  Like I said - patience of Jobe..

Bet it wont take him five minutes to put my tabletop lampworking station together.

Soon as its done I'll post it on here - with a list of materials/plans/measurements etc for anyone interested in getting one made up for themselves...

Maz

Maz x

lorrainelee

Quote from: mazmeabead on January 22, 2009, 11:46:44 AM

Soon as its done I'll post it on here - with a list of materials/plans/measurements etc for anyone interested in getting one made up for themselves...

That would be brilliant - just need a "handyperson" to help me then!! ;D
Lorraine

mazmeabead

Well it's under way father in law is on the job came tonight to do some final measuring up and took the hydroponics extractor o have purhased off of eBay will be making a hood after all and the whole set up is still table top hes using aluminium so can be moved will post pics when he's finished   ;D I'm really excited
Maz x

mariag

Sounds fab Maz, can't wait to see the finished product ;D

MyPrecious

Kathy

My website

GoodMonkey