HH Bulk

Started by kevie192, January 06, 2009, 08:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevie192

Hi all,

Just wanted to run something past you all.

I emailed FloGas this week about gas connections and bottles etc. and was told that "There is no need or requirement, from a safety perspective, to use a flashback arrestor as the flame will not back-track down the hose." Is this right??

Thanks,

Kevin x

decodragonfly

Hi,
You must be about a hundred steps ahead of me, I'm still sorting out my set up, but I thought flashback arrestors were a must because although the chances of it happening are small the results if it happens are catastrophic.I was going to put them on both propane and oxygen.
Hope it's all going well, have fun!

Ian R Pearson

Pre-mix burners can experience a flame burning down a hose as I have witnessed that. Hose protectors and flashback arrestors are a must in this situation and I would question anyone justifying otherwise. However as most use surface mix here then no flash back will happen.

Ian

Shirley

Kevin, the set that Martin Tuffnell sell for the bulk connection does include a flashback arrestor. I've read that it isn't strictly necessary, though. I think the reason he includes it is possibly because a lot of people keep the hosing set up if they move onto a propane/oxy torch and you really should an arrestor for that. You could always contact him and find out. Some people on here have managed to get all the bits for a bulk set up together themselves and have saved money. Some, however, have gone to plumbers' merchants and the like and not been sold the right stuff.

So I assume it went ok at the weekend if you're already looking at getting rid of the dreaded MAPP?
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

beadmonkey

It has been suggested before on here that a flashback arrestor is not necessary with a Hothead. However, I think the general consensus is that there may be a slight risk and that it is advisable to have one. I certainly included one when I set up my HH on bulk. I bought all the bits separately and saved quite a bit. In fact the savings I made more or less paid for the flashback arrestor.

Roy :)

Black Heart Beads

Come on Kevin show us your beads  ;D

mazmeabead

Yeah Kevin;

Wheres the newbie beads? 

Dont be shy ;D

& definately go bulk with FB arrestor...

I had a bit of a scare that made me think - what if?

Maz
Maz x