Propane Regulator

Started by annasjewellerybox, September 07, 2007, 02:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annasjewellerybox

Where did you get your propane regulator from? because i'm having a hard time locating a 4bar one, they're all 37mbar, and no matter how many times I say i need it to have a higher pressure than that some man or another assures me they've been in the business 25 years and have never heard of something so crazy.

Please tell me before I go on a mass murdering rampage accross all the hardware stores in my area.

:)

Stacy

We got ours from Martin at Tuffnells but it was in a kit

annasjewellerybox

Yeah I've seen that Martin does them, and I would have ordered one a week ago but for my father, and now I want one right this second, but i might just have to be patient!

:(

Shirley

The thing about ordering from Martin is that it is definitely the right one.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

glassworks

the 37milibar one will be absolutely fine for a torch plus oxycon setup - we use them in the studio because they are soooooo much cheaper and simpler than the bigger ones...

the limiting factor on a torch running an oxycon is the oxygen - never the propane...

anyone else using the basic ones?...

8)

Les

I got mine from a local welding shop .... I was surprised at how helpful and non-condescending he was .... :)

annasjewellerybox

I only have a HH at the minute though Q, although I haven't tried this reg yet, going to wait until my dad comes home. 

It ws my local welding shop which told me they didn't exist!  It doesn't really matter if I have to wait a few more days, but I was so up for some torching today.

glassworks

oh okay, we have some spare from when we still had the hothead and stuff...

we also found a local welding shop that stocked everything including quick disconnects and oxygen regulators etc... they also made up hoses for us which was really great!!..

;D 8)

annasjewellerybox

Bluebottle

Hi, the reason you can't find a 4bar regulator is because that is the working pressure of the gas cylinder what you actually need is a propane bottle connector which is just a straight through connector these are usually supplied with commercial blowlamps ( the guys in the welding place shoud have known this  ::) ) try places like tool hire companys, I have a web address somewhere that does them I'll get back to you when I find it.

Mike ( retd gas engineer )

Bluebottle

Found it  :o  http://www.bes.co.uk/  loads of stuff but look at high pressure regulators about 2nd or third down

Good hunting  Mike

Bumpy Beads

I got all my bits from here http://www.chorleybottlegas.co.uk/.

I actually telephoned them because I was confused about what to order, and they were ever so helpful, and not in the last bit patronising. They sell on Ebay too http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Chorley-Bottle-Gas

I saved quite a lot of money. The stuff arrived the next day, and they kept the postage at cost.
Heather

My Etsy Shop

annasjewellerybox

annasjewellerybox

does it matter how big your baottle is, as to what regulator you can fit, because looking at the link mike gave me (thanks) they say  8 kg propane high pressure regulator, and my bottle is 6kg (i think)

So do i need to go and get a different bottle of gas??

Bluebottle

Quote from: annasjewellerybox on September 07, 2007, 05:30:46 PM
does it matter how big your baottle is, as to what regulator you can fit, because looking at the link mike gave me (thanks) they say  8 kg propane high pressure regulator, and my bottle is 6kg (i think)

So do i need to go and get a different bottle of gas??

No it shouldn't make much difference but check with them before/if  you order just to make sure ;)

Mike