Reamers.

Started by chipperpottery, June 08, 2012, 03:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipperpottery

O'k I am fed up with pricking my fingers with my reamer, when cleaning out my bead holes.
What do you all use?
Is there an electric or batter operated reamer.

lampworklover

I bought an electric reamer from martin, 'tis brilliant  :D

Blue Box Studio

Is it better than the battery one Martin sells?  There aren't replacement bits for the battery one and my last one has been problematic.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

lampworklover

Noty seen the battery one, but you can def get replacement bits for the electric one.

Madam Steph

This is uncanny!
For 2 days solid now, I have been racking my brains trying to remember where to get those rather expensive reamers that were mentioned on here some months back.
I think Kathy said that she uses them, and as is my usual way, I never got around to actually buying some.
I really wish that Martin would find a way to stock the thinner of the three reamers that come with the battery operated one that he sells, as since I started using 2mm mandrels, only the thinner one for 1.6mm mandrels fits.

I haven't seen the electric ones that Martin sells. I'll have to go look now

Linda x

Lakelady

I have stabbed myself countless times too Rita.  Have heard mention of the electric ones from Martin on here before but never found them on the site!
Turner Rowe Glass Art

flame n fuse

If I only have a few beads to do, I use a mandrel of the appropriate size, dipped while damp into silicon carbide grit from Mango beads - works a treat!

BeeBeads

I use the grits as well, with a mandrel or a hand reamer.  They work very well.  I got mine from Jocks years ago.

Blue Box Studio

Can only see the manual reamer on Martin's website now?
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Madam Steph

The grit is fantastic. I use it on'see-throughs'.

Linda x

Trudi

I bought a rotary tool From eBay, works a treat

Glyn Burton

if you have a lot to do buy a pedant drill from axminster with some diamond burrs. Worth the initial outlay you can use the pendant drill for engraving, polishing grinding and cutting its a worthwhile addition to your workshop.
The axminster code for the tool is 300228 and the handset 910340.

Miriam

I use a cordless Dremel with a diamond bit from Artintheround. The tip has no grid on it, so if you are not good at aiming for the hole, you won't scratch your bead.
groetjes Miriam

Blog | Website | Colorcharts | Glasss

Pat from Canvey

Re aiming for the bead hole, I lightly insert the tip into the bead hole before turning the drill on.

Madam Steph

Thanks, Miriam.
That was the reamer I couldn't find again

Linda x