Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: turquoise on August 29, 2008, 11:05:20 AM

Title: Raku where from?
Post by: turquoise on August 29, 2008, 11:05:20 AM
Hi just wondering where you get raku from I am assuming it is like frit.

I did look on beadysam but could not spot it.
;D   Vicky
Title: Re: Raku where from?
Post by: garishglobes on August 29, 2008, 11:15:23 AM
Raku is Reichenbach Iris orange. You can get it as frit from Beadysam. Tuffnells have Reichenbach Iris Orange rods, both 96COE (which many think gives better reactions) or 104COE
Title: Re: Raku where from?
Post by: Kaz on August 29, 2008, 12:42:35 PM
Fireworks, Raku Riot and Raku Blue on Beadysam's from memory but may be worth pm'ing her to find out which of her frits and frit mixes have raku in them.
Kaz
Title: Re: Raku where from?
Post by: Winny on September 08, 2008, 09:41:39 PM
I trained as a potter and the term Raku means a very different thing so thanks for the Question as now I understand its nothing to do with outside kilns