Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: Stacy on August 12, 2008, 01:47:31 PM

Title: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Stacy on August 12, 2008, 01:47:31 PM
Has anyone got any pictures of beads they have made using CIM bordello... I'm having real problems with this as nearly everything I make is coming out nearly black.. I started making whole beads from it but them tried laying it thinly on white or clear but its still so dark you can't tell its a red.
Its such a shame cos the rod colour is so sumputious.
Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Lush! on August 12, 2008, 01:52:53 PM
Hi Stacy

CIM Bordello and CIM Lipstick.  The Bordello is very dark, I keep meaning to try it over clear.

(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a111/biggirlsblouseuk/redred.jpg)

Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Dee on August 12, 2008, 02:06:30 PM
Fab beads Julie, Lipstick looks gorgeous. What's on the daisy petals, is that a reaction or is it another colour of glass?
Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Lush! on August 12, 2008, 02:10:09 PM
The daisy petals are Bordello too, its just that its thinner so you can see through it there - and its "streaky" cos Bordello is a striking colour.

Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Stacy on August 12, 2008, 03:07:13 PM
ohhh those are lovely.... Thanks Julie

I wonder if there is a way that you can get the colour to thin out over a lighter colour to make it show up more.. Like I've said I have tried but I do wonder if my covering was too thick!
Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Kaz on August 12, 2008, 05:06:19 PM
I love CIM glass but Bordello is my least favourite glass of all!!! Bordello is the right name - red and dirty.......
Julie - you have made it look pretty special though!
Kaz
Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Lush! on August 12, 2008, 05:14:03 PM
Quote from: Kaz on August 12, 2008, 05:06:19 PM

Bordello is the right name - red and dirty.......

Haha!  I've just got some Sangre today, looks nice ...
Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Billie on August 12, 2008, 05:34:10 PM
Oooooh-la-la!
Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: turnedlight on August 12, 2008, 05:39:36 PM
I like bordello for small accents, where a lighter colour would go very pale.. just trying to find a pic, but it's not as bad as all that! :)
Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Amber on August 12, 2008, 10:54:55 PM
Mine just went a murky brown. Haven't bothered with it since.  :(
Title: Re: Beads using CIM Bordello
Post by: Vicki on August 12, 2008, 11:48:58 PM
I made a set with it once & then tried to get spacers, but they went orange & yellow, not a red one amongst them :D  they did go a deep red though, the main set that was....is it a striker??