Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: TiaraHelen on July 29, 2008, 11:45:59 PM

Title: Aventurine beads
Post by: TiaraHelen on July 29, 2008, 11:45:59 PM
I had a very experimental few hours today, and made a bead out of some green aventurine frit (and nothing else). It's a silver core sized bead.  I just grabbed it with tweezers, melted it a bit and rolled it round the mandrel.  So far, I love the effect - it's so sparkly and the very fine particles are pretty.

My question is - will it crack/do I need to anneal it differently from the other beads.  I know the main use for aventurine nuggets is stringer and I expect there's a reason you don't see beads made out of just aventurine, but I'm hoping it's good news.
Title: Re: Aventurine beads
Post by: Mary on July 30, 2008, 10:40:15 AM
I think the main reason it's used as stringers is the cost! And my frit is the wrong coe so I can't use much at once. All on its own you don't have that problem.Sounds pretty!