Do I need different glasses to use North star, double helix and CIM? I bought a starter kit from Tuffnell's so have the glasses included in the set.
Thx
If they are the standard ACE ones, (purpley tint to them and they have folding clear plastic side bits) then they should be fine for any soft glass work you're doing. You'd only need something stronger if you were getting into the borosilicate glass...that's the stuff that needs a lot more heat. :)
That's great then thanks. Yes they are purply tinted with fold in flaps.
will have a go, but to be honest not quite sure how to work them. Any help anyone?
you pop them on your nose & around your ears :D :D or do you mean the glass :D :D :D
:D ;D
Fold out the flaps, stick em on your face - go for it :P Do you know what though seriously, I had my stuff for ages and I was way too scared to try it all out for quite a while. It took some building up to! But now I couldn't do without my flame and my glass ;)
I'll tell you what though, these helped me absolutely loads! ... http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=hotglass (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=hotglass)
This guy has loads of interesting things to say and show, but may not be too clear for when you're starting out. Well, I know that was true for me anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/user/acroduster (http://www.youtube.com/user/acroduster)
Gods bless YouTube! ;D