Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => Lampworking Tip n Tricks => Topic started by: Irene on October 04, 2014, 08:28:46 PM

Title: How do you work the glass cool?
Post by: Irene on October 04, 2014, 08:28:46 PM
I have read in some instructions for how to use certain types of glass that they will be best if worked cool. Now how do you do that? Do you use a smaller flame, or do you just work higher up in the flame, or do you have a more oxygen rich flame?  I rarely use any tools to shape my round beads, I use gravity, but then the glass would have to be if not runny, at least quite hot and molten. Do you use shapers to get Your beads round when working cool?
Title: Re: How do you work the glass cool?
Post by: Trudi on October 04, 2014, 08:47:53 PM
Generally work in a cooler flame. Less propane ... If you're on a hot head work a bit further out.

Some colours will boil if they are worked too hot.

For striking colours, maybe let some heat come out if the bead by removing from the flame from time to time.