Frit-Happens !

Technical Forum => Studio/workspace/setup/equipment => Kilns => Topic started by: anditsinthefish on October 04, 2012, 10:28:14 AM

Title: Kiln program for annealing
Post by: anditsinthefish on October 04, 2012, 10:28:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I have never annealed my beads yet and am due to get a kiln care Maxine soon! So excited!!! I was just wondering about the program. I have been told 520C for 1.5 hours then drop by 50C per hour until 250C and then let it drop by its self. I was just wondering if you are making beads can you leave the kiln on 520C until you are ready to anneal or do you keep it on a lower temp?

Thanks in advance, Sarah x
Title: Re: Kiln program for annealing
Post by: SilverGems89 on October 04, 2012, 12:49:08 PM
Your Maxine will come preloaded with 2 annealing schedules, one for batch annealing and one for garaging  ;)
Title: Re: Kiln program for annealing
Post by: Trudi on October 04, 2012, 02:43:36 PM
Hi

If you look at the top of the page to Visit Wiki - you will see a section on annealing!