Frit-Happens !

Technical Forum => Studio/workspace/setup/equipment => Kilns => Topic started by: Kaz on June 22, 2012, 04:07:07 PM

Title: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: Kaz on June 22, 2012, 04:07:07 PM
Hi all
I am thinking of buying a kiln in Oz as I am off for a month again in the Autumn and have been looking at these
http://www.affordableinspiration.com.au/kilns/paragon-kiln/bluebird.html
Does anyone have one of these and can give an opinion. Pricewise they seem similar to SC2/3 and cheaper than the Maxine I have here.
Also, can it be used for other things than just bead annealing?
My other option is to pack my beadcube and take it with me but I am not sure about that.
Thanks for your help
Kazx
Title: Re: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: Zeldazog on June 22, 2012, 04:44:34 PM
Doesn't go hot enough for anything other than bead annealing as far as I can see Kaz, 648 deg C

Edited to add:  The Bluebird XL gets hotter, but of course, costs more  :-\
Title: Re: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: Kaz on June 22, 2012, 04:46:07 PM
Thanks Dawn!
Title: Re: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: polly put the kettle on on June 22, 2012, 08:16:15 PM
This is the kiln we have on recommendation of Julie Fountain
Julie has this kiln to (well she did) :D
and i love it easy to use  :)

sally xx
Title: Re: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: Maria Louisa on June 22, 2012, 08:32:13 PM
I've got the XL and really love this kiln
Title: Re: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: Dragonfire Glass on June 22, 2012, 08:46:22 PM
I have a bluebird and love it but, as far as I know, can only be used for annealing.
Title: Re: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: sea-thistle on June 22, 2012, 09:05:58 PM
I have the Bluebird as well and love it, I also have an SC2 which I love as well! :)
Title: Re: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: suzielaws on June 23, 2012, 06:59:57 AM
I have it and love it also.
Title: Re: Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?
Post by: Pat from Canvey on June 23, 2012, 08:26:37 AM
This is the one that doesn't have a large opening door. I like my SC2 because,  if I make a larger sculptural bead, I can pop it through the open door, not the bead door. Tendrils going in different directions as an example.