Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: Amber on September 07, 2007, 10:59:29 AM

Title: Silvered ivory
Post by: Amber on September 07, 2007, 10:59:29 AM
Not actually about silvered ivory as such - I just wanted to know whether you can 'silver' any other colours the same way you do ivory?

Not that I've even attempted ivory yet, as my stringers are more hairs than stringers at the moment!  :D
Title: Re: Silvered ivory
Post by: Les on September 07, 2007, 11:07:11 AM
Try it with all sorts of colours.... have fun experimenting.....;D

I hear that silvered EDP can give some funky effects ?? The silver will also give really different effects depending on whether you use a transparent or an opaque colour too.....

Opal yellow is nice with silver... and so is ASK silver cinnamon.... at least I think it's ASK and not CIM.. I get easily confused..

I'd just play and experiment... and take note of any lush combos you come accross for future reference :)
Title: Re: Silvered ivory
Post by: Amber on September 07, 2007, 11:23:39 AM
Thanks Les, that's good to know - I'll have a play!
Title: Re: Silvered ivory
Post by: Les on September 07, 2007, 11:50:22 AM
ooohh... just remembered... the vet. odd lot avocado is fabulous with silver leaf..... as a bead rolled in leaf, I mean... it's really nice :)
Title: Re: Silvered ivory
Post by: Amber on September 07, 2007, 12:43:50 PM
I just got some vet. odd lots this morning and was thinking that several of them would look good with silver, that's what inspired my question!
Title: Re: Silvered ivory
Post by: Shirley on September 07, 2007, 12:45:42 PM
if you have a look at my ebay listings i have a set of beads on there made with odd lot avocado, dark ivory and silver leaf - the yellowish set with black webbing. The webbing is the effect from the silver.

I LOVE silver leaf :)
Title: Re: Silvered ivory
Post by: Amber on September 07, 2007, 06:21:04 PM
Those are gorgeous, Shirley!
Title: Re: Silvered ivory
Post by: Sulis (Hazel) on September 07, 2007, 06:21:28 PM
Is it the one called Simple Ivory? Your beads are scrummy!
Title: Re: Silvered ivory
Post by: Shirley on September 07, 2007, 06:51:33 PM
Thanks Amber and Hazel

This set, Hazel, I haven't put them in my gallery on the webby yet. Just love the effect

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170145704256&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007