Has anyone tried these new 104 colours yet that Martin has? They look lovely but I was wondering if they needed any special annealing schedule? It would be lovely if they went in on the ordinary Moretti programme but life is rarely that simple. I have 2 different programmes on my kiln, the moretti and a Lauscha one that cools much slower, maybe that one would do. I've been looking for a nice bright light orange for a while and this one looks perfect.
Love
Mindy
I haven't tried them myself.... but as far as I know.. if it's 104 coe, it *should* anneal like moretti..... unless anyone knows any different ?? If I remember, there were a few issues with CIM, or was it ASK ??
Sorry... I'm no help whatsoever... LOL... :P
There are several annealing schedules for CiM depending on the colour you use, which is painful and put me off trying the tester pack I got. The new reichenbach will be interesting. Martin should have an idea of the annealing schedule... or maybe it's worth doing a search on LE...?
I've ordered them but I haven't yet got past the drooling over them and stroking them fondly stage. I was told to anneal them like Moretti.
I saw them on the website yesterday. They look loooooovely! I don't need any glass but since when has that stopped me? :D
Need? nonono
want...yesyeysyesyesyesyes!!!!
Yeh it was the CIM with a different schedule - but that was only for 3 of their colours, cirrus, peacock and halong bay as they are the special "moonstone" glasses.
The other beads in the CIM range can be annealled alongside effetre etc I have found (though hadnt dora found difference?). Whatever, I've just been doing some testing for CIM and all except for the 3 I just mentioned were fine on my usual effetre cycle.
I didn't know this about the 3 CIM colours.
Can anyone PM me the annealingschedule for these please?
I just do mine as I would effetre, but anneal at 550c instead.
Hi everyone, thank you for your help. I've mailed Martin so I'll update here when I hear from him. I never really NEED new glass but I always WANT it!
I have been thinking this and when here is this thread I´ll ask loud: Do anyone knows if the reichenbach 104 iris glass acts like raku too?
ooooooooh a 104 raku!?! and its cheaper than terra ;-) please someone tell me its like the other raku :D
I spoke to Martin today and its much easier just does its own thing easily ! Mines on the way !
my finger slipped and I just bought some ::) bad claire....
too excited by 104 iris orange me, and iris blue! (I so loves iris blue...)
Claire, when you say that you anneal the 3 cim colours at 550 can you put moretti in with them at that heat or do you just have to have a dedicated session using those 3 colours?
What i do is run a session at 550c, anneal them at 550c, then ramp down to 520c and do my effetre then (thats with garaging anyway).
Sometimes I mix the 550c CIm stuff with a bit of effetre but I still anneal it at 550c.
I hope that helps?
Anyone having any luck with The new Iris Orange 104 - I still prefer Raku original-cant get nout but poo !Thought it was supposed to be easy ! :-\
I just got mine today, but sadly postie arrived just after I had finished beading ::) So it's first on my list for tomorrow ;D
ooh let me know ! I'm having trouble with a few colours think I am out of practice !
What you having trouble with Manda? Shout out ;D
Quote from: MangoBeads on September 12, 2007, 07:44:11 PM
Anyone having any luck with The new Iris Orange 104 - I still prefer Raku original-cant get nout but poo !Thought it was supposed to be easy ! :-\
I have just tried with mine, and I can't get any colour changes either- I have only had raku frit before, so I will try making some frit from this, and see if that's any better..
I just got mine, i guess I should have a play today then....
I do hope it comes out with the colours! a 104 raku sounds too tempting!
Quote from: astringofbeads on September 12, 2007, 11:17:36 PM
What you having trouble with Manda? Shout out ;D
Just getting any colour other than poo ! Martin says it comes right off the rod - not for me it dont ! tried treating as the ordinary Raku and still poo !
Well I just had a quick play and got colour right away, I worked it pretty quick and it went bright green straight out the flame, so I let it cool then struck it a couple of times to get blues and lighter blues. Not much purples or pinks, but I remember someone saying the darker the rod the more pinks/purples you would get and my rods are really light. I encase one bead and the colours came out pretty light too . Will try and get a piccy later on
I am seriously wondering if Martin sent me the right stuff!
I will try another rod and see if its any different - so not jealous ::)
Wanna see your pics !
Please tell me how you did it! Here are mine- first one is the raku over silver leaf, second is just swirls over ivory (went dark from repeated attempts!) third is swirled with trans greens. Very disheartening! :'(
Well I got my 104 raku yesterday. Not as colourful as 96, but I think I overcooked it. And it faded a bit in the kiln too. A bit more work required!
(http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/weemaryanne/Mylampwork005-2.jpg)
They are atill very pretty though Mary :)
Lovely and subtle... especially the centre bicone :)
That nugget on the left is flippin ace though ;D
Cheers Les! The other nuggets are encased, that one is just over clear. I like it best un-encased!
Well it worked a treat !!!!
It's LOVELY !!!
Mary they're gorgeous!!
THanks Claire! I bet yours are nicer, going to show?
havent done any yet - my asthma has been bad this week and for some reason going near the torch has been making it worse! I'm gagging to try though! I got this new reichenbach sitting there, and today my Bullseye rods arrived, which I have been wanting for months. Gorgeous new glass and I cant torch! how annoying is that! bah!
So I'll just have to sit here and coo at everyone elses beads instead... ;D
Sorry to hear that, Claire. Hope it improves soon!
Perhaps it's my Hothead- is it not hot enough?
I know a HH isn't really hot enough for the 96 raku, but the 104 seems softer. I did think it might work on a HH?
I had a little play with the 104 raku last night (with inhaler at the ready!).... I did get colours BUT i lost them again due to faffing around and never got them back again. Seems like there is a smaller "window" of when you get the colours out of this raku - seems much harder to me to get it!
I got purples etc in some bubble dots though :D
will show later...
Gorgeous beads Mary - I've got some of this glass but I haven't really had a play with it yet!
Trudi
Hi All
Mary you have just inspired me to have another go with 104 raku, mine came out a muddy green colour the first time I used it, perhaps I gave up too soon or maybe it is time to upgrade from my Hot Head. Any excuse lol ;D
Those beads are fab!
Su
x