Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: Lotti on January 30, 2012, 09:19:06 AM

Title: Sooty reds
Post by: Lotti on January 30, 2012, 09:19:06 AM
Ever since I changed my propane I have been having a real problem with reds and black streaks in them.  Have a commision for some red encased beads from the US and try as I might I just can't get the red to be red and not red and black.  I am thinking I might need to turn my oxycon down a bit?  Thanks for your help. :) xx
Title: Re: Sooty reds
Post by: ★★Terri★★ on January 30, 2012, 09:20:47 AM


Whenever I change my propane on my hothead I get sooty beads - not just reds :o  I find I have to fiddle about with the regulator a bit to solve it.
Title: Re: Sooty reds
Post by: Lotti on January 30, 2012, 11:00:02 AM
Quote from: ★★Terri★★ on January 30, 2012, 09:20:47 AM


Whenever I change my propane on my hothead I get sooty beads - not just reds :o  I find I have to fiddle about with the regulator a bit to solve it.

Thanks will have a go.  My DB accidentially fiddled with the regulator when we changed over and now I can't remember what to do, think it is supposed to be right down and then back up again a turn or two, but not sure.  When I do get it right I am going to make a mark on it so if it gets fiddled with again I can find the right spot! :)
Title: Re: Sooty reds
Post by: ★★Terri★★ on January 30, 2012, 11:16:18 AM
Yep! right down then back up a bit usually does it for me! ;D