Frit-Happens !

For all our buying needs => Oo, look what I found...! => Topic started by: spexy on January 09, 2012, 09:54:37 PM

Title: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: spexy on January 09, 2012, 09:54:37 PM
Have you seen these fantastic seahorse beads? I think they're stunning.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/kimberlyaffleck?ref=seller_info (http://www.etsy.com/shop/kimberlyaffleck?ref=seller_info)
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Zeldazog on January 09, 2012, 09:56:55 PM
I knew without looking, when you said Seahorses, that it would be Kimberly Affleck!    ;D ;D
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: spexy on January 09, 2012, 09:58:06 PM
I wouldn't know which one to choose....
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Shirley on January 09, 2012, 09:59:13 PM
I have one  ;D
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: spexy on January 09, 2012, 10:01:09 PM
Extremely jealous  :P
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: MadelineBunyan on January 09, 2012, 10:01:45 PM
Quote from: Zeldazog on January 09, 2012, 09:56:55 PM
I knew without looking, when you said Seahorses, that it would be Kimberly Affleck!    ;D ;D

me too! I was just admiring her latest listing earlier today
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Madam Steph on January 09, 2012, 10:05:49 PM

:o

We are supposed to be arranging bead lessons!!!!

Linda  ;D
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Zeldazog on January 09, 2012, 10:10:45 PM
Quote from: Shirley on January 09, 2012, 09:59:13 PM
I have one  ;D

Its one of the things on the list that I have promised myself when I am successful  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: flowerjasper on January 09, 2012, 10:21:13 PM
Quote from: Zeldazog on January 09, 2012, 10:10:45 PM
Quote from: Shirley on January 09, 2012, 09:59:13 PM
I have one  ;D

Its one of the things on the list that I have promised myself when I am successful  ;D ;D ;D ;D
me too !  ;D
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: awrylemming on January 09, 2012, 11:19:19 PM
I have her tutorial, but haven't dared attempt it yet!  I pulled all of the twisties for it, and they're still sitting there looking at me  ::)
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Nia on January 09, 2012, 11:28:47 PM
I'm lucky enough to have one. He's called Selwyn, and he is the ultimate in wearable art.
They are quite something, and a real talking point.
Nia xx
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: chipperpottery on January 10, 2012, 08:48:30 AM
My twisties are also still sitting there.
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Helen G on January 10, 2012, 08:50:04 AM
Quote from: Zeldazog on January 09, 2012, 09:56:55 PM
I knew without looking, when you said Seahorses, that it would be Kimberly Affleck!    ;D ;D

ditto  ;)
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Lakelady on January 10, 2012, 09:11:21 AM
Quote from: awrylemming on January 09, 2012, 11:19:19 PM
I have her tutorial, but haven't dared attempt it yet!  I pulled all of the twisties for it, and they're still sitting there looking at me  ::)

Ditto!
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: spexy on January 10, 2012, 09:19:51 AM
Quote from: Madam Steph on January 09, 2012, 10:05:49 PM

:o

We are supposed to be arranging bead lessons!!!!

Linda  ;D

I think that would be a bit beyond me yet!

Quote from: awrylemming on January 09, 2012, 11:19:19 PM
I have her tutorial, but haven't dared attempt it yet!  I pulled all of the twisties for it, and they're still sitting there looking at me  ::)

I didn't know she did a tutorial.
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Hotglass28 on January 10, 2012, 11:51:34 AM

It was a free tutorial. I think, it was in the flow but you can download it.

Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Madam Steph on January 10, 2012, 11:55:39 AM
Quote from: spexy on January 10, 2012, 09:19:51 AM
Quote from: Madam Steph on January 09, 2012, 10:05:49 PM

:o

We are supposed to be arranging bead lessons!!!!

Linda  ;D

I think that would be a bit beyond me yet!


Funny!     :P
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Hotglass28 on January 10, 2012, 11:59:46 AM
 Yup, winter 2008.
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: kerensky on January 10, 2012, 12:39:50 PM
Gorgeous eh, could you imagine just how "many" things could go wrong in the making of those........

I want one too.....
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: Mand on January 10, 2012, 04:28:41 PM
Stunning!
;D
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: spexy on January 10, 2012, 05:02:50 PM
Thanks for the details about the tutorial.

Here is the link is case anyone else would like to know

https://www.theflowmagazine.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=35&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=23&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=129 (https://www.theflowmagazine.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=35&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=23&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=129)

You buy the download to the mag and the tutorial is inside.
Title: Re: Fantastic seahorse beads
Post by: spexy on January 10, 2012, 05:14:15 PM
Oops! that was the link to the printed version. This is the link to the downloadable version https://www.theflowmagazine.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=140&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=129 (https://www.theflowmagazine.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=140&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&pop=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=129)