Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: jammie on November 27, 2011, 07:48:54 AM

Title: lauscha glass
Post by: jammie on November 27, 2011, 07:48:54 AM
I got some of this to try and really like it, though I found the pink shocky which was odd! Anyway, I was having a rad about it on here and found an old thread where someone said that when they used effetre with the lauscha, all their beads had cracked, anyone else have this problem? Should I use it on its own?
Title: Re: lauscha glass
Post by: awrylemming on November 27, 2011, 08:46:23 AM
It seems to depend on which lauscha and which effetre, one of those trial and error things.  I find the lauscha clear tends to be rather more problematic, so if I'm going to encase with it tend to use a lauscha base and just a frit amount (dots etc) of other glasses.
Title: Re: lauscha glass
Post by: Kalorlo on November 27, 2011, 09:05:06 PM
I mix them all up and am mostly using Lauscha soft clear for all my (non-silver glass) encasing at the moment. I'm not having problems (apart from when I do stupid things and try to encase CiM opalinos  ::) and that's with anything, not just Lauscha). I garage and anneal at 520C in a BeadCube that is probably running hot.
Title: Re: lauscha glass
Post by: awrylemming on November 27, 2011, 11:11:47 PM
Like Heather says  ;D  I should have added that I've had very few problems, even when I've used it with DH which I've previously heard is a bit of a no no.  I think the only things I've had that've cracked and were obviously were compatability issues were when I tried making encased fritties using the lauscha, it didn't go well.  That was using a few different frits, but may well be my heavy hand.  Although the same combo was fine with effetre 006, perhaps if I'd been a little less enthusiastic with the frit it may have been a different story.  ::)