Frit-Happens !

Technical Forum => Studio/workspace/setup/equipment => Kilns => Topic started by: Bubblebeads on November 23, 2011, 08:48:46 PM

Title: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: Bubblebeads on November 23, 2011, 08:48:46 PM
I have seen a Prometheus Pro 1 kiln on ebay which I am thinking about bidding for will this be all right for annealing bead and fusing glass.Iwould be interested in what you guys think thank you Karen.
Title: Re: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: poledra1958 on November 23, 2011, 08:56:38 PM
I have the Pro 1 and I batch anneal in it,  You have to re-program at each step.  I have also done a small amount of fusing,  I orginially got it for Silver clay.
Title: Re: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: Bubblebeads on November 23, 2011, 09:20:41 PM
Thank you is it easy to use and to programme.. ???
Title: Re: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: poledra1958 on November 23, 2011, 09:33:13 PM
Yes very easy once you get use to it.  Its just you have to do one program to ramp up and then leave it for the hold time, and then re-program to ramp down and then you have to manual turn it off once the ramp down has reached the right place.

If you do get it let me know and I can sent you the instructions.
Title: Re: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: Bubblebeads on November 24, 2011, 07:40:53 AM
I will let you know if I am lucky later thank you for your help and advice
Title: Re: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: poledra1958 on November 24, 2011, 08:38:34 AM
ok good luck
Title: Re: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: Bubblebeads on November 24, 2011, 09:44:46 PM
I won the kiln and will be getting it at the weekend looking forward to having a play over the next couple of weeks.I would love the instruction please .I got the for kiln £245 it as been used once I AM HAPPY it is a xmas present from other half.
Title: Re: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: poledra1958 on November 24, 2011, 10:03:00 PM
Well done have pm'ed you for an e-mail address to send instructions to
Title: Re: Prometheus Pro 1 kiln
Post by: poledra1958 on November 24, 2011, 10:15:18 PM
Or you can head to this link for a printable version

http://www.prometheuskilns.co.uk/inst.htm (http://www.prometheuskilns.co.uk/inst.htm)

I also have a quick guide pdf (just the information for the bead annealling ramp instructions but you will probably need all the information from the above link as well)