Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: Yellow friend on November 15, 2011, 11:55:10 AM

Title: Opalescent glass 104
Post by: Yellow friend on November 15, 2011, 11:55:10 AM
Hi - having a brain dead moment.  I need to get some more opalescent glass - I bought some ages ago but can't remember where I got them from.  Had a look at off mandrel, tuffers & warm glass.  Any other suggestions, pref from the UK.

Cheers
Shelia
Title: Re: Opalescent glass 104
Post by: Kalorlo on November 15, 2011, 12:05:07 PM
What colour, and do you mean translucent or actually shining and colour-shifting like dichroic?

If it's translucent, there's Effetre opalinos (think rose is the only one available from our suppliers) and lots of CiMs like halong bay, peacock, cirrus, crocus, chalcedony etc.
Title: Re: Opalescent glass 104
Post by: Yellow friend on November 15, 2011, 12:08:07 PM
The opalinos - bit like anice white.  I have the pale blue and pale green, bit shocky but the blue makes a good sky colour.

Shelia
Title: Re: Opalescent glass 104
Post by: MadelineBunyan on November 15, 2011, 12:10:20 PM
http://www.creativeglassshop.co.uk/glass-rods-effetre-coe-104-c-43_49_52.html

but lots of them are out of stock, I wanted the nile green opalino a while back.

could try emailing and asking if they will be getting any more, the nile green has been OOS for ages.