Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: jazzylily on November 10, 2011, 01:41:06 PM

Title: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: jazzylily on November 10, 2011, 01:41:06 PM
Hi

Can anyone recomment a well behaved  Maroon Transparant Glass - I don't care what coe it it.  I want something that does not go amber and cloudy when heated. Help
Pauline
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: Isabelle on November 10, 2011, 04:07:24 PM
Would Reichenbach Gold Violet do the trick?? It's a nice dark plummy red and very well-behaved.
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: princess pink on November 10, 2011, 04:14:31 PM
hmm...maroon is difficult, i reckon simpy berry (cim), bordello (cim), or cherry (effetre) but i don't know if you can get the latter here.
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: princess pink on November 10, 2011, 04:15:02 PM
or maybe layer colours?? you could layer a medium purple over red transparent.
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: Dee Dee on November 10, 2011, 09:13:09 PM
Not sure, layering the colours could be the way, I think too!  I know CIM Bordello becomes very opaque and is very dark!  I've not seen Eff Cherry!
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: Kaz on November 10, 2011, 09:14:40 PM
CIM simply berry definitely.
Kazx
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: jazzylily on November 11, 2011, 09:34:49 AM
Thanks Guys - I have tried CIM Bordello and that goes cloudy and amber - Maybe I am not trying hard enough!!
Just had a play wuth TAG Red Elvis (33coe) that's looking good so far but very willing to try the others.

thanks again
Pauline
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: k00m on November 11, 2011, 10:14:59 AM
Isn't Bordello a striker? Your problem might be that you're not 'reactivating' the colour when you've finished making the bead.
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: Dee Dee on November 11, 2011, 10:16:51 AM
I think it is a striker - but I have never managed to make Bordello transparent - obviously I am doing something wrong!
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: Shirley on November 11, 2011, 04:41:04 PM
How close can you get by using rubino over something? A blue - periwinkle, maybe?
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: awrylemming on November 11, 2011, 06:38:23 PM
Pauline, would you like to try some TAG black cherry?  It's a lovely deep maroon red, kiln strikes, and I've found it pretty much infallible so far.  Pm me if you'd like a few inches of a rod x
Title: Re: Maroon Transparant????????????????????????
Post by: jazzylily on November 13, 2011, 04:42:20 PM
I think I have cracked it (provided my customer likes it) TAG Red Elivis 33 coe.

Thanks again everyone - I may be back!!!!! :-\