The first one is over charcoal, not encased. The black part is shadow, it is quite reflective
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuesTuxedo006overdots011.jpg)
The next one is over Effetre dark red 436, not encased.
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuestestsoverdarkred436008.jpg)
This one is over Eff dark tranparent purple/amethyst. not encased
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuestestsovertdarkpurple009.jpg)
This one is over CIM clockwork, not encased
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuesoverCIMclockwork010.jpg)
Eff red roof tile is the base for this bead, not encased
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuesRedrooftile012.jpg)
Eff red roof tile is the base for this bead, encased with 006
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuesredrooftileencased006013.jpg)
These 2 are on a CIM charcoal base encsaed in 006
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuesovercharcoal006encased015.jpg)
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuesovercharcoal006encased014.jpg)
Opal yellow base, and encased in 006
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuesopalyellow006encased017.jpg)
AND the last one in this test batch is on a base of crocus, then encaesd in effetre Rosato
(http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m517/scottam/TAGZuesoverCrocusencasedRossateeff018.jpg)
Those over charcoal are fab, lovely beads. The dark bases seem to be showing it to it's best effect.
I need to be a whole lot more adventurous with my use of base colours, some of those are stunning!! ;D ;D
love the base of charcoal encased ones..lovely ;D
Aha, a use for Charcoal me thinks. They are lovely beads. I'm not getting much from TAG glass, I think I need to heat it hotter? (Am ion a Minor).
You heat most of the TAG glass until they're drippy prior to striking or reducing - they have great working instructions on their webby. And they're lovely and incredibly helpful when you email them too. ;)
I love the ones on a base of charcoal, too. Seems to bring out the colours more :)
These beads are all cooking in the kiln today, i will let you know if any of them change colour!
I made one on Tuxedo, but it just swallowed the silver glass!
I did that the other day with Reichenbach black. Very annoying isn't it!