Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: Enchanted Cobwebs on September 26, 2011, 08:50:41 AM

Title: Metallic gold
Post by: Enchanted Cobwebs on September 26, 2011, 08:50:41 AM
Will helios give me a metallic gold?

I want to make gold dots for a design, I get a close on metallic silver out of triton but reading helios on Tuffers its saying that it makes silver so I'm confused!

Does helios give a better silver than triton and what glass do I need to get gold dots?
Title: Re: Metallic gold
Post by: sarah t on September 26, 2011, 08:57:53 AM
araura will if treated right ..but remember DH can fume and it will need to be reduced to get the affects so be mindful of the colours you are using as a  base bead or you will have sludge beads with gold dots
Title: Re: Metallic gold
Post by: Enchanted Cobwebs on September 26, 2011, 09:05:42 AM
I use Triton over ivory like a wrapping and it does darken the ivory but has the effect of making it look antique though to be fair I do get some murky ones from time to time!

I'm planning gold on plain effetre black so if I try araura cool till the glow is gone then reduce do you think I might just get gold on black?
Title: Re: Metallic gold
Post by: Shirl on September 26, 2011, 09:07:47 AM
I have got gold with DH helios on clear. On other colours it looses its metalic look, and just does its own unpredicable thing!
Title: Re: Metallic gold
Post by: MadelineBunyan on September 26, 2011, 09:10:14 AM
Hmm, I'd say aurae too, but the silver might fume the black blue, I'd try only a very light reduction

think its just one of those things you'll need to try it and see!
Title: Re: Metallic gold
Post by: sarah t on September 26, 2011, 09:21:44 AM
(http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn173/thomo1962/010-4-1.jpg)

this is using aurea frit on black .....
Title: Re: Metallic gold
Post by: Lush! on September 26, 2011, 09:31:45 AM
I get metallic gold from Helios  ;D
Title: Re: Metallic gold
Post by: GaysieMay on September 26, 2011, 02:09:19 PM
Helios on ivory gives me a golden tone - it's a lovely glass to use.  This helios on pearl beige reichanbach - it totally fumed the pearl beige but I liked the result

(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5104/5658265432_ce62f00805.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaysie_may_designs/5658265432/)
Golden Pods 004 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaysie_may_designs/5658265432/) by GaysieMay (http://www.flickr.com/people/gaysie_may_designs/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Metallic gold
Post by: Enchanted Cobwebs on September 26, 2011, 06:12:17 PM
Wow GaysieMay and Sarah - Those are lovely!

That settles it me thinks I need a dabble with both helios and aurea

Thanks everyone for your help and if I make anything decent I will post a piccy