Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: Lotti on September 15, 2011, 09:34:27 AM

Title: Effetre trans pink
Post by: Lotti on September 15, 2011, 09:34:27 AM
Hi, I seem to be having a problem with this colour and wonder if it is only me.  I recently restocked this (it's 068) and find that this batch seems to be rather yellowy (actually it's sort of a combination of rossata and light amber!), can this happen iwth the pinks?  It is a bit of a pain as I have a commission for three beads with teh lovely pale pink that I have managed before and have only half a rod left of the old batch.  I would show you the two beads I have made (one with the old 068 and one with the new one) but blooming photobucket has gone on strike!
Title: Re: Effetre trans pink
Post by: Kalorlo on September 15, 2011, 12:55:17 PM
I've seen someone else mention that before: sometimes it's peachier than others. It might be worth trying 067 rose quartz? That seems stabler and is pale pink, but I don't know if it's the same as you want.

(Edit for right number!)
Title: Re: Effetre trans pink
Post by: Madam Steph on September 15, 2011, 02:11:37 PM
When I get home from work (I'm leaving soon) Lotti...would you like me to send you some of mine?
I can also send you some Reichenbach trans Rose which is nice and I can get them in the post within a couple of hours

L x
Title: Re: Effetre trans pink
Post by: Krysia@No98 on September 15, 2011, 02:13:45 PM

The peach nature of this glass really puts me off!!

Blush is another good substitute that actually comes out pink pink.
Title: Re: Effetre trans pink
Post by: Kalorlo on September 15, 2011, 02:36:42 PM
Of course, I've got Lauscha pink that's pink pink - it's less pale than the Effetre though.  ;D
Title: Re: Effetre trans pink
Post by: Lotti on September 15, 2011, 02:40:40 PM
Quote from: Madam Steph on September 15, 2011, 02:11:37 PM
When I get home from work (I'm leaving soon) Lotti...would you like me to send you some of mine?
I can also send you some Reichenbach trans Rose which is nice and I can get them in the post within a couple of hours

L x

Ah, bless you. :)  I have an order from OM waiting in the PO as I was out when the postie came and in that I have some blush and vetrofond light pink.   I will see how I get on with those but if no good I will get back in touch if that is OK :)  Shame about the 068, the first batch I had was just perfect, oh well you live and learn!  Thanks as ever for all your help and advice. :) xx
Title: Re: Effetre trans pink
Post by: Madam Steph on September 15, 2011, 02:42:22 PM
You are very welcome, Lotti.
Let me know  :)