Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: MangoBeads on May 22, 2007, 07:50:59 PM

Title: 256 pink
Post by: MangoBeads on May 22, 2007, 07:50:59 PM
I made a pink bead with a black heart recently and thought i used the 256 Pink and  effetre back .

Every time i try to reproduce the black bleeds and weeps at the edges i have tried intense and it does the same - i have orders for the same bead and i cant do it! any suggestions would vetrofond be less likely to bleed or does anyone have any other pink and black combinations that work CIM pink gelly does the same i have tried working it real cool too still no luck i have attached a pic of the bead that has worked so you can see what i am trying to achieve !
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: beadysam on May 22, 2007, 08:16:54 PM
Hiya
Have you tried Vetro black?  Or a Reichenbach black?  Just a thought...

I haven't got any Vetro but I've got a bit of Reich black frit - you could pull stringer from it and try that.  PM me your addy if you want me to send you a bit to try hun ;)
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: LesleyMac on May 22, 2007, 08:20:00 PM
Lovely bead Manda, its so cute, you will sell loads of them ;D
I remember reading somewhere that if you heat the dots too quickly and too hot you don't get a sharp edge.
Just a thought but maybe thats the problem rather than the glass.  I would try it anyhow, melt slow and cool.
Sorry if I am teaching granny to suck eggs and you have already tried this. ;D
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: astringofbeads on May 22, 2007, 10:05:25 PM
Any chance it could be the Ask pink lady's slipper? That looks the same colour from here ;)
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: Billie on May 22, 2007, 10:17:21 PM
Quote from: MangoBeads on May 22, 2007, 07:50:59 PM
I made a pink bead with a black heart recently and thought i used the 256 Pink and  effetre back .

Every time i try to reproduce the black bleeds and weeps at the edges i have tried intense and it does the same - i have orders for the same bead and i cant do it! any suggestions would vetrofond be less likely to bleed or does anyone have any other pink and black combinations that work CIM pink gelly does the same i have tried working it real cool too still no luck i have attached a pic of the bead that has worked so you can see what i am trying to achieve !

Have I gone mad or have the colours on that bead switched themselves....   ::)
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: Carol on May 22, 2007, 10:22:04 PM
Quote from: LittleBee on May 22, 2007, 10:17:21 PM
Have I gone mad or have the colours on that bead switched themselves....   ::)
Erm....want a serious answer Billie??  ;) ;D :D
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: beadysam on May 22, 2007, 10:25:11 PM
An opalino pink?
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: LesleyMac on May 22, 2007, 10:37:23 PM
Sorry Manda, should have read your post properly, you have already tried cool, maybe try slow then ;D
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: BeadyBugs on May 23, 2007, 12:50:00 AM
Quote from: LittleBee on May 22, 2007, 10:17:21 PM
Have I gone mad or have the colours on that bead switched themselves....   ::)

Glad it's not just me! Thought I was seeing things, ;D

HP x
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: Billie on May 23, 2007, 08:41:01 AM
Quote from: strawackie on May 22, 2007, 10:22:04 PM
Quote from: LittleBee on May 22, 2007, 10:17:21 PM
Have I gone mad or have the colours on that bead switched themselves....   ::)
Erm....want a serious answer Billie??  ;) ;D :D

Perhaps not  ;D ;D
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: Billie on May 23, 2007, 08:41:23 AM
Quote from: Helen P on May 23, 2007, 12:50:00 AM
Quote from: LittleBee on May 22, 2007, 10:17:21 PM
Have I gone mad or have the colours on that bead switched themselves....   ::)

Glad it's not just me! Thought I was seeing things, ;D

HP x

Phew!  :D
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: ♥♥Tan♥♥ on May 23, 2007, 02:52:59 PM
eh?
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: Les on May 23, 2007, 02:59:35 PM
Uh ? ? ?
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: ♥♥Tan♥♥ on May 23, 2007, 03:02:13 PM
I just see a pink bead with a black heart...what are you lot on?
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: BeadyBugs on May 23, 2007, 03:08:19 PM
Cheesy poofs Tan, work wonders for your eyesight they are almost a vitamin like choclit! ;D

But honestly, when I first read this post, just after Manda posted it, I could swear it was a black bead with a pink heart.  Me thinks the bead fairy is playing tricks....or it could be the E numbers! ;D

Hope you get it sorted Manda. :)

HP x
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: ♥♥Tan♥♥ on May 23, 2007, 03:11:40 PM
Have you been at the smarties again HP ;)
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: BeadyBugs on May 23, 2007, 03:13:51 PM
:o ::) :o ::) ;D

HP x
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: ♥♥Tan♥♥ on May 23, 2007, 03:16:46 PM
Oh yes.....what have you been told about the blue ones!!!!! :o
Title: Re: 256 pink
Post by: MangoBeads on May 24, 2007, 05:56:11 PM
Glad to see you are all on your toes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)

Thanks for the hints n tips gonna have to keep trying huh?!

Yep I posted the wrong bead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was BLACK WITH A PINK HERAT ! for about 2mins !!!!!!!!!!!

Gave you all something to puzzle over tho'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!