Frit-Happens !

Technical Forum => Studio/workspace/setup/equipment => Safety/Safety Equipment => Topic started by: firedinglass on October 16, 2010, 02:41:59 PM

Title: Which magnifying glasses?
Post by: firedinglass on October 16, 2010, 02:41:59 PM
I have the largish ace didymium glasses from Martin, and i need to find a pair of magnifying clip on or flip up glasses that will fit them. i now need reading glasses for close work so already wear these under the lampwork specs  So this will mean 3 different types of spec lens ::)    The problem is i don't think the normal clip ons will fit the frame of my didys.  I've already wasted money on stick ons which were too small.... any suggestions from others with the same problem - i can't be the only one with this problem!  i don't want to buy prescription didys beacuse my eyesight seems to be changing every eyecheck! Please help! :)
Title: Re: Which magnifying glasses?
Post by: dinah46 on October 16, 2010, 02:49:22 PM
These are what I use http://www.lensbase.com/product.php?xProd=394
I've had mine on my downtown didys for well over a year, they're great once you get used to them.
Title: Re: Which magnifying glasses?
Post by: amareargentum on October 16, 2010, 05:26:58 PM
This is what I use for my jewellery making http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=219971 (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=219971)
It is great - has 4 different lenses which can be doubled up to get just the magnification you need and when you don't need the lens they flip up out of the way. I have never tried it over my didys but I cant see why it wouldn't work, in fact I shall have to try it for those fiddly bits I struggle to see properly  ;D
Title: Re: Which magnifying glasses?
Post by: firedinglass on October 16, 2010, 05:53:50 PM
I've tried the stick ons and because the lens on my didys is so big (not like the downton) i can't seem to put  the stick on in the right place!  I already have the  headband magnifier but it slips all the time and is now a bit scratched so i thought i'd try something that didn't mean me wearing 3 separate items.  The clip ons look good but again are quite small.  There must be something out there but just have to find it :( 
Title: Re: Which magnifying glasses?
Post by: MangoBeads on October 16, 2010, 05:55:56 PM
http://www.moltengold.com/cgi-bin/eBzget5A.pl?shop=ReadingGl69568&trolley=661376837&page=http://www.reading-glasses.co.uk/059.htm

I got mine from here Lisa xx
Title: Re: Which magnifying glasses?
Post by: firedinglass on October 16, 2010, 10:43:27 PM
That looks like exactly what i need!   Thankyou so much Manda :)