Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => Lampworking Tip n Tricks => Topic started by: ★★Terri★★ on August 27, 2010, 12:39:13 PM

Title: Wire size advice urgently needed please
Post by: ★★Terri★★ on August 27, 2010, 12:39:13 PM
I know that I recently read a number of recommendations on what thickness of silver wire to use for wrapping it around the outside of beads.  But I cannot find the thread it was in.  I want to place an order for silver and get some wire for  melting onto my beads while I'm at it - but what is the best thickness to use??????

Terri
Title: Re: Wire size advice urgently needed please
Post by: poledra1958 on August 27, 2010, 12:42:25 PM
think the normal is 0.33 or  0.4mm fine silver

http://www.tuffnellglass.com/contents/en-uk/d44.html (http://www.tuffnellglass.com/contents/en-uk/d44.html)

Jenny
Title: Re: Wire size advice urgently needed please
Post by: ★★Terri★★ on August 27, 2010, 01:02:26 PM
Thank you ;D

Should have thought of looking on Tuffnels site - duh!
Title: Re: Wire size advice urgently needed please
Post by: DragonflyLynne on August 27, 2010, 02:49:23 PM
I sell 0.3 mm fine silver wire for this purpose, it is very popular  :)

http://www.thedragonflycompany.com/wire.html