Hi there, sorry newbie question,
How do you get the lace effects on your beads I have seen in the show and tells? is there a tutorial anywhere to buy or is there a secret technique? ;)
many thanks
Vix
its done by super heating nero intenso (or intense black) to get it to web ;)
CiM Hades also works. Put little dots or lines on, then heat up the surface a lot. You'll be able to see it spreading out into webs.
Quote from: Kalorlo on June 22, 2010, 11:04:53 PM
CiM Hades also works.
Ooooooooh thanks for the tip Heather, i will give Hades a go ;D
thanks for the advise, can I get the effect using a HH?
Looks like I'm going to have to put another order into Tuffnells.... damn shame that ;)
Vix
should be no reason why it cant be done on a hot head, thats what i have and will have a go in a little while, i have a feeling it works better on a transparent base but i'll report back later ;D
Yup, I'm on a hothead. It works well on anise white as well.
Oooh, I've not tried this (well intentionally anyway) before so will have a play too! Not sure I have intense black but will dig around the glass pots. Def have Hades though!
okie dokie, very preliminary findings (with CIM Hades), it takes a LOT of heat to get it to web, to almost dripping off the mandrel stage, it works better on some transparents than others, and definately seems to work better on CIM bases rather than Effetre, i tried it on one opaque and it webbed but in a different way and looked like veins (will be interested to see that one when it has cooled)
oh and also less is more with the Hades, i ended up pulling some rather fine stringer and it looked much nicer
It is great fun though and i wish i had had longer to play ;D
it doesn't seem to work so well on reds, yellows and oranges!
You really do only need a small amount!