Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => COE 104 => Topic started by: bubblefizz on April 27, 2007, 10:54:25 PM

Title: CiM Cirrus ?
Post by: bubblefizz on April 27, 2007, 10:54:25 PM
Has anyone tried this glass if so what is the colour ?
it just looks like a clear to me  ::)
Title: Re: CiM Cirrus ?
Post by: Mary on April 27, 2007, 11:01:11 PM
It's supposed to strike to milky white.
Title: Re: CiM Cirrus ?
Post by: bubblefizz on April 27, 2007, 11:02:17 PM
oh right thanks Mary!
Title: Re: CiM Cirrus ?
Post by: Mary on April 27, 2007, 11:07:31 PM
You're welcome! It looks pretty.
Title: Re: CiM Cirrus ?
Post by: ♥♥Tan♥♥ on April 28, 2007, 11:35:09 AM
ooo any pics I never know what to do with these milky white colours?
Title: Re: CiM Cirrus ?
Post by: *rowanberry* on April 28, 2007, 12:51:42 PM
If you treat it right it a bit it goes all milky and slightly moonstone-y. I got it like that sea opal faux gemstone you get....

Heres an example of some beads i did with it not sure if the moonstoney effect shows or not - not sure if it shows and please excuse very shoddy beads as I was having some "issues" with my bead release at the time (long story!) and also no mojo at all!

(http://www.rowanberryglass.com/190407/moonsisterbrac2.jpg)
Title: Re: CiM Cirrus ?
Post by: ♥♥Tan♥♥ on April 30, 2007, 01:48:56 PM
wow those are very very pretty and subtle, thanks for the pic, at last some inspiration!!
Title: Re: CiM Cirrus ?
Post by: Trudi on May 02, 2007, 07:54:20 AM
I've ordered some - but I had thought that it was milky without striking .......... oh well a new learning curve for me!