Frit-Happens !

Technical Forum => Studio/workspace/setup/equipment => Safety/Safety Equipment => Topic started by: orestruck on April 23, 2007, 12:38:28 PM

Title: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: orestruck on April 23, 2007, 12:38:28 PM
Hi all.
So I've ordered my tuffnell beadmaking kit, but I'm guessing I'll need a bench clamp? I'll probably go straight on to bulk propane so is the one tuffnells sell for 19.99 ok or are there other options?

Ta!

Sarah
X
Title: Re: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: Les on April 23, 2007, 01:53:42 PM
There's a picture of HP's bulk set up in this old thread.. http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1795.0 (http://www.frit-happens.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1795.0)

Not sure if it's of any use...

Actually, I've  just looked at the one for bulk on Tuffnell's site and it looks just fine to me :)
Title: Re: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: orestruck on April 23, 2007, 02:18:13 PM
Thanks Les!

Sarah
X
Title: Re: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: mams on April 29, 2007, 09:10:29 AM
Is it better to sit behind the flame? The way my bench is set up I have to sit to the side of it. I could do some rearranging though if it is.

Thanks Michelle.x
Title: Re: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: ♥♥Tan♥♥ on April 29, 2007, 01:36:11 PM
The side should be fine as long as you are comfortable with it and spatially aware of the head of the torch, I work side on sometimes but beware the tip of the torch ;)
Title: Re: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: Trudi on April 29, 2007, 02:50:47 PM
And the smell of singed hair!
Title: Re: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: mams on April 29, 2007, 04:52:59 PM
Thanks Tan, I am pretty comfortable side on although my legs go numb sometimes and I have to shift a bit, probably oblivious to all else I get so engrossed in what I'm doing!
I always tie my hair back I got told off so many times at jewellery classes it's now automatic! :o

Michelle.x
Title: Re: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: Shirley on April 29, 2007, 04:54:52 PM
You can also singe the hair on your hands :D
Title: Re: Bench clamp for HH?
Post by: mams on April 29, 2007, 05:15:13 PM
Oh I do that regulary shirley! Lovely pong!! :D

Michelle.x