Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => Lampworking Tip n Tricks => Topic started by: JaySpangles on August 16, 2009, 04:09:37 PM

Title: Silver foil or leaf?
Post by: JaySpangles on August 16, 2009, 04:09:37 PM
I would like to have a go at wrapping silver around a bead then encasing, and also wrapping silver round stringers for dragon scale type thingies.
Do I buy foil or leaf? (not sure what the difference is)
Does it matter what colour I wrap it around (other than what colour shows through underneath!)
Any other tips and tricks appreciated too.
Many thanks
J x
Title: Re: Silver foil or leaf?
Post by: Steampunkglass on August 16, 2009, 07:20:58 PM
The real difference is the thickness; if you've never used it before you'll find foil easier to handle, although personally I've not used it for this sort of work, but I think most people use it over ivory - I am sure someone else will confirm if thats right or wrong colour to use.