Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => Lampworking Tip n Tricks => Topic started by: mazmeabead on August 16, 2009, 01:05:14 AM

Title: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: mazmeabead on August 16, 2009, 01:05:14 AM
I'm wondering Who makes the pretty pearly glass colours and how much do they cost?

iv seen beads made with them recently...

Are they normal rods of glass or are they made with enamels or pixie dust or something?

Maz
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: Veebee on August 16, 2009, 09:18:38 AM
Couls be pixie dust, if the surface looks a bit matte. However Reichenbach do some fabby pearl colours and they are a reasonable price. Check Tuffnells and Beady Sam
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: turnedlight on August 16, 2009, 09:22:22 AM
Or do you mean the ones with glass like triton, where it looks pearly and reflective when encased?
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: Steampunkglass on August 16, 2009, 10:01:56 AM
I did get some opaline type Effetre glass from Quinton some time ago, it's supposed to go pink when struck but doesn't do much for me. If you want a couple of bit to try PM me and I can send you some  ;)
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: Mand on August 16, 2009, 10:49:13 AM
I recently bought some pearly pink Reichenbach from Sam, it really is creamy-pearly. Don't know if that helps?
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: beadysam on August 17, 2009, 12:10:39 PM
if you are looking for the kind of mother of pearl fish-scale effects, then you need one of the silver rich glasses - or Reichenbachs Silver Brown.  If you are looking for the pastel-y colours that are sort of creamy and shampooy then Reichenbachs range of glass is what you are after - particularly the pearl colours - both myself and Martin sell them. ;)
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: Yellow friend on August 20, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
I think you need the Mystic Reichenbach colours - they are fabbo
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: mazmeabead on August 21, 2009, 02:24:02 PM
You guys are great it's the reichenbach mystics alright

Thanks peeps

Maz
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: clasicat on August 21, 2009, 04:06:40 PM
Quote from: mazmeabead on August 21, 2009, 02:24:02 PM
You guys are great it's the reichenbach mystics alright

Thanks peeps

Maz
Oh I love those Mystics they are some of my fav glass
Title: Re: Pearly colours of glass?
Post by: mazmeabead on August 28, 2009, 02:31:04 PM
I have ordered various glass from Ombos including Kugler and Ornela glass which is pearlescent - spent another £30 on glass alltogether naughty me lol:-)