Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => Lampworking Tip n Tricks => Topic started by: dangerousbead on August 11, 2009, 12:13:30 PM

Title: Dremel mini not holding charge
Post by: dangerousbead on August 11, 2009, 12:13:30 PM
Does anyone else have this problem? My DH gave me a cordless Dremel mini for Christmas to clean beads with. It looks like a phaser gun off Star Trek, very cute, and it sits on it's own little charging/docking station, but the light flickers off quite quickly, implying it's fully charged but it only lasts three minutes max when I use it. I've left it to charge for hours but it makes no difference. Humph! Is it me?
Title: Re: Dremel mini not holding charge
Post by: Kaz on August 11, 2009, 01:29:55 PM
No, dead as a dodo! I had 2 of these - both sitting on my kitchen worktop waiting to see if we could get new battery units/chargers and I invested in a plug-in dremel with flex-shaft a few months ago. With the impending move they have both gone in the bin this very morning! Great while they work but seem to wear out very quickly.
p.s. I bought the second as I assumed it must have been my fault that the first broke!
Kazx
Title: Re: Dremel mini not holding charge
Post by: hollergrafik on August 11, 2009, 02:03:51 PM
Yep what Kaz says, recently got a hard wired one from B and Q as it had a flex shaft with it, got a hanging clamp for mine too so its always plugged in but out of the way.
Title: Re: Dremel mini not holding charge
Post by: garishglobes on August 11, 2009, 02:38:49 PM
I've got one too.  :( Mine isn't Dremel and def. not cute or phaser-like. But the plug-in rechargable batteries (it came with a spare) are both useless and lasted very little time each. I was really careful to use all the battery up before fully recharging each time, too. ???
Title: Re: Dremel mini not holding charge
Post by: Forester18 on August 11, 2009, 04:25:21 PM
Here's a tip that might work. It has worked with laptop batteries. Totally discharge tool. Wrap in a plastic bag and put it in the freeze for 24hrs. Then fully charge. Hopefully it might work.
Title: Re: Dremel mini not holding charge
Post by: dangerousbead on August 12, 2009, 12:45:23 AM
Hmm, the box says "Lithium Ion batteries have no memory effect. Recharge anytime without damaging battery capacity" I think it means the battery has no memory full stop. I'll contact Dremel and make moaning noises. It wasn't exactly cheap. >:(