A bit of a long shot I think but I've noticed in my Lovelinks silver cores there is a sort of clear gel stuff which I assume protects your bracelet when strung with beads.
I've riveted a couple of large hole beads and was thinking that this stuff might help when I put them on my bracelet.
I've considered "solid water" which used for craft stuff but I'm not sure how robust it is or if it will react with the silver.
A bit of an obscure question but any help much appreciated.
JO ;D
I think that the Love Links beads are coated in the silicon stuff to stop the bead from falling off the bracelet, as you have to push the bead quite firmly over the raised sections.
I was wondering the same thing, as it would be quite useful to make 'stopper' beads, but I have not tried anything yet.
I do have a hot glue gun and was wondering what would happen if I applied a bit of that the inside of a BHB and waited for it to dry. You can also buy rubber rings which could be adapted...
I'd be interested to hear of anything else though!
I've used a bit of the clear rubber tubing in the past. It's a bit fiddly to get right, but works as well as my 'bought' stop beads. I used it inside a large holed silver ball bead, which I'd drilled out to fit a bracelet.
Has anyone got a link for the bought stop beads, would like to have a look/try them please?
Havent got time to experiment just yet :D
Tracy x