Frit-Happens !

Lampwork => Lampworking Tip n Tricks => Topic started by: Lush! on July 04, 2009, 05:15:50 PM

Title: 4mm mandrel for Pandora size holes?
Post by: Lush! on July 04, 2009, 05:15:50 PM
I've been asked for some Sunbaked beads to fit a Pandora bracelet.  I won't be coring them.  I currently use a 3.2mm mandrel and I know the beads won't fit a Pandora bracelet - does anybody know if using a 4mm mandrel will work?

If nobody knows for sure, is there anybody with a genuine Pandora bracelet that would try them for me if I make them?
Title: Re: 4mm mandrel for Pandora size holes?
Post by: Helen G on July 04, 2009, 05:21:47 PM
Yes, 4mm is fine, I do uncored "pandora's" for a customer and its a nice snug fit. I have a pandora bracelet I can lend you to check as if the bead release is slightly thinner they can be a bit too snug.
Title: Re: 4mm mandrel for Pandora size holes?
Post by: Lush! on July 04, 2009, 05:23:08 PM
Thanks for that Helen ... I'm gonna PM you about the bracelet  ;)
Title: Re: 4mm mandrel for Pandora size holes?
Post by: sublimekate on July 04, 2009, 08:47:05 PM
I used a 4mm mandrel and cored it, fit my friends pandora perfect.
Title: Re: 4mm mandrel for Pandora size holes?
Post by: Josephine on July 07, 2009, 01:59:19 PM
I did my first pandora size yesterday. I double dipped a 4mm with fusion, did a little bit of work with my dremel and cored with 5mm tube