:'( :'( This sums up my week -went to switch off the ligght in my shed and the fuse tripped and now the kiln wont work - well actually theres no elecric at all atthe momentso it might i guess come back on - its full of beads !
So what does this mean is there a problem with the light which was working after the fuse tripped or the kiln which wasnt - and if its the kiln what can it be fuse in the plug ? dunno where to start :-\
aww bless manda... from the sounds of one of your other posts it's been a lacking mojo rubbish week.
My thoughts are with you and the kiln.... oooh that makes it sound like it died.... and if you need someone to anneal beads please shout I'd love to fondle some of your beadies for a while
Where's the fuse board that the shed electric is on. I would check that first. It maybe you need to reset any switches there first and then your kiln will come back on. How far had the kiln got?
What a nightmare day >:(
oh no manda, i hope your kiln and the beads are okay
Quote from: astringofbeads on February 10, 2007, 06:38:23 PM
Where's the fuse board that the shed electric is on. I would check that first. It maybe you need to reset any switches there first and then your kiln will come back on. How far had the kiln got?
What a nightmare day >:(
Its in the shed we cant seem to reset it! Why would it go like that tho, could it just be a simple fuse but that means surely there is a problem somewhere?
Have called the electrician !
Sorry to hear about your kiln problem Manda, hopefully it's something simple & the electrician will be able to fix it :)
- what do you lot reckon on my beads - they all had a soak at 520 and then it switched off and I will leave them til the morning do you reckon they will be annealed?
Have you unplugged everything and then reset it?
If you haven't done this, try it and plug things in one by one, the thing that trips it is your problem
If you have......sorry for being a duh!!
I really hope it all works out....sending you some happy mojo thoughts
Quote from: MangoBeads on February 10, 2007, 07:24:42 PM
- what do you lot reckon on my beads - they all had a soak at 520 and then it switched off and I will leave them til the morning do you reckon they will be annealed?
Depends wot the kiln is made of... Fire bricks and they will be annealed, the foamy stuff I've got inside the bluebird means they wouldnt be
Fire bricks so I gues I'm OK ?
Tanok - everything switched on except the kiln >:(
you should be. If you look at PTF Corrina admits to having it at temp while she makes then just turning her kiln off
;)thanks Julie - feel a bitbetter now !
Oh no Manda - sounds like a week where you should have stayed in bed. :( I hope things get better next week - and you have recovered from the lurgy!??!?
RE: the beads - I'm sure they'll be fine - at least they had a soak at annealing temp, and then a slow cool - you could always run a bulk annealing thingy after you've got your kiln going again if you're worried. ??? Also, I don't know which kiln you've got, but I remember someone who got theirs at the same time as me couldn't get it going because the fuse had blown in the back of the kiln. On the SC2 there's a fuse next to where the power lead enters the back of the kiln housing? I don't know if that could be a possible cause if there's something similar on your machine?
Hope you get it sorted chuck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. ;)
HP x
One thing after another for you Manda, don't it just go like that though.
Hope you get it sorted and hope its not the kiln but something else much easier to fix.
Keeping my fingers crossed, let us know won't you.
Quote from: Helen P on February 10, 2007, 08:07:53 PM
Oh no Manda - sounds like a week where you should have stayed in bed. :( I hope things get better next week - and you have recovered from the lurgy!??!?
RE: the beads - I'm sure they'll be fine - at least they had a soak at annealing temp, and then a slow cool - you could always run a bulk annealing thingy after you've got your kiln going again if you're worried. ??? Also, I don't know which kiln you've got, but I remember someone who got theirs at the same time as me couldn't get it going because the fuse had blown in the back of the kiln. On the SC2 there's a fuse next to where the power lead enters the back of the kiln housing? I don't know if that could be a possible cause if there's something similar on your machine?
Hope you get it sorted chuck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. ;)
HP x
Ooh Helen you sweetie I am off to get my stuction booklet !
hope you got it going again!
I think i'm going to get a sc2. hopefully by the end of the week then i'm going bankrupt! if you need kiln space let me know!
Alice.
Yeh Manda - did you get it sorted? Had the elastic band snapped? ;D
HP x
HP ! Yey got it sorted it was a fuse in a lamp ! buggered the whole wiring system all working now !
Fab! Glad you got it sorted - not so glad you knackered everything! Oops! ::)
HP x
... then my dremel broke !
oh heck manda! did you upset a gypsy or something?!
- beginning to think I upset someone ! ???
Well good news is i bought a super new dremel its the new model cordless shaped like a glue gun ! Great for polishing and my old one that isnt old ! its the Lithium Ion that came out just over a year ago cordless and with a flexi shaft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am getting repaired as its under guarantee then I shall sell it! So hopefully I will get some money back .
Ooh and like you I kinda lost my mojo too !
Oh poor you Manda....... it seems as though there is a mass Mojo migration going on right now !!
What we gonna do girls ???
Who ya gonna call ??
Les xxxxx
We have a cat with attitude just like that!
Oh no - flipping eck - what are you two like! At least you got a new toy out of it though Manda. ;D It sounds like there is a little mojo holiday going on somewhere, they just neglected to tell their owners they were going. ;D Hope they come back soon.
HP x
Quote from: Les on February 21, 2007, 10:47:55 PM
Who ya gonna call ??
Les xxxxx
MOJOBUSTERS!!!!.....b****r you beat me to it! ROFLMAO!!
:D :D :D
Ha ha ha ha............ hey ............ I wonder if they're all following the ancient Mojo migration paths through northern europe..... ie: into the spring nesting grounds in Belgium ? ? ?
Maybe we should go and see if we can flush the buggers out eh ??
What dost reckon ???
Quote from: MangoBeads on February 21, 2007, 10:13:42 PM
- beginning to think I upset someone ! ???
Well good news is i bought a super new dremel its the new model cordless shaped like a glue gun ! Great for polishing and my old one that isnt old ! its the Lithium Ion that came out just over a year ago cordless and with a flexi shaft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am getting repaired as its under guarantee then I shall sell it! So hopefully I will get some money back .
Ooh and like you I kinda lost my mojo too !
glad your all up and working again. did you use your old dremil for drilling glass? I'm looking for somthing like that when you want to sell??!
Too right! I reckon they are all living in Quinton and Griet's barn - we should send over a scouting party with binoculars and pokey pokey sticks to root them out!!! LOL! ;D
HP x
The missing mojos that is - not Quinton and Griet!! PMSL!!!
Hp x
yeh....hahahahahaha ............... don't forget the Marmite to lure them out with :D ... Quinton and Griet I mean .. Tee Hee
Quote from: MangoBeads on February 21, 2007, 10:13:42 PM
- beginning to think I upset someone ! ???
Well good news is i bought a super new dremel its the new model cordless shaped like a glue gun ! Great for polishing and my old one that isnt old ! its the Lithium Ion that came out just over a year ago cordless and with a flexi shaft !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am getting repaired as its under guarantee then I shall sell it! So hopefully I will get some money back .
Ooh and like you I kinda lost my mojo too !
ooooooooooh Manda, let me know if your selling your old one, i've got a really basic dremel, nothing fancy about it and it's really heavy
Quote from: Helen P on February 21, 2007, 10:58:49 PM
Too right! I reckon they are all living in Quinton and Griet's barn - we should send over a scouting party with binoculars and pokey pokey sticks to root them out!!! LOL! ;D
HP x
Hmmm......
My hubby just bought a pair off Ebay. Think I'll suggest he try them out with a wee trip to Belgium. Waddaya think ladies? ;)[
Mmmmm could be a cunning plan - I'll bring the pokey pokey sticks and Les'll bring the marmite.
(The black sticky stuff or the rustic cooking pot? Not sure which will work best!) ROFLMAO! ;D
Hp x